Like Tree6Likes

Where to find a pipe shop in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to find a pipe shop in Hong Kong

Hi,

I'm just beginning my new pipe smoking hobby and I'm trying to find a shop that sells pipes of the less luxurious kind as I am a beginner.

I know of Dunhill and Davidoff but the prices are not really aimed at rookies who is afraid to ruin his first pipe due to incompetence.

So any suggestions where I could go looking? Pipe tobacco is also needed but I guess where I find one, I find the other.

Thanks
    Kenth

There's a cigar/ tobacco shop in Harbour City Tsim Sha Tsui...smoke em if you got em

I have a wide variety of pipes (some from the WWII era even) and tobacco I'd be up for parting with if you're interested--haven't smoked one in months and I don't know if I ever will again!

Alternatively you can try a site like 4Noggins--not much in the way of budget pipes in HK, although there's a place in Sheung Wan that supposedly has decent pipes:

Yat Fung Hong - 226 Queen's Road Central, Sheung Wan. (moderate pipes, 3 B's, Big Ben's, a few others)

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 13-06-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Do not buy any pipes from China; the market is flooded with fakes and the Chinese-brand ones are no good unless you're spending a pretty penny. Try eBay instead and DO NOT buy Chinese branded ones on there either!

One of these would make a great introductory pipe:

http://www.4noggins.com/dr-grabow.aspx

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 14-06-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks everyone for the help.

@jayinhongkong
    I'll try that website and order from there, 300-ish dollar for a Pipe is a nice way to start my collection.

jayinhongkong likes this.

Dr Grabow Duke Bent. Smooth finish, ordered with the basic accessories. Can't wait.

if your ever near Temple Street in Jordan, head to 40-42 Woosung St, there is a small local store that sells Pipe Tobacco, rolling papers and they even have pipes for sell also if I remember correctly.

Arkalon, should've bought some toby while you were at it! HK tobacco tax is extremely high. Duty Free will work out much cheaper if you're flying in or out of HK.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast