Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By iliketurtles
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia
  • 1 Post By Fleetingly

Domestic Helper hiring

Closed Thread

Domestic Helper hiring

We are in process of hiring domestic helper. We shortlisted one from Phillipines. Few questions

1. How shall we proceed about hiring (I think we need to find an agency ourself and give them papers to proceed - any recommendation would be great)
    2. What would be total cost of hiring a helper. I didn't get ball park figure online.
    3. What other matters we should take care of?

Thank you in advance.

is the helper physically in HK right now, has her contract finished, if yes to both questions then its a hell of a lot cheaper and the helper can do it all herself, i mean get the relevant forms, you sign it, she signs it, she takes it to her consulate, then to Immigration to approve, she leaves town and comes back once the visa is approved. You pay the fess for the consulate, she should have the money or a single trip ticket to leave hk, you dont pay that, you only pay for the ticket for her to come back and any fess she encountered on her way back to HK.

I and some other GE memebers have used Helper In agent http://helper-in.com/web/html/contactus.jsp your probably looking at 5-6K in fees.

vroom likes this.

We've just replaced our helper and one of the things we didn't appreciate was how expensive it is to hire a break contract helper and how long it takes too.

One candidate really stood out and wanted to break contract for a perfectly legit reason. We took the decision to employ her regardless. I think the total costs (via an agency - My Helper - who have been very thorough and good) were about 7k. It takes something like 7-10 weeks from the date you apply at immigration to have your helper start.

Conversely, a helper who has finished her contract can start work in a matter of days or few weeks I believe, with a minimal cost for her visa processing fee.

vroom likes this.

Thanks all. I appreciate help.

I hired a helper who was in HK, used the maid agency next to Coyote, I spent something around 3K. Process was fast, I think it was something like 4 weeks. You just need to pay for the plane ticket back from Philippines, so visa fees plus a medical. Note that you can note have her exit in Macau, they will make sign an agreement that she exist in her country. Beware as they will try to ask you for money you're not obliged to pay. Like Insurance (which you can get separately) or some government fees. I told them I would pay them if the visa is approved and they never asked me that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    Beware as they will try to ask you for money you're not obliged to pay. Like Insurance (which you can get separately) or some government fees. I told them I would pay them if the visa is approved and they never asked me that again.
    You should check with your helper as she will need to pay an exit fee, some sort of document she needs to pay, beings with P but I cant really remember what its called, without that she cant exit her country, also the Philippines govt started a new insurance fee for their people leaving to work in a foriegn country, this was started end of 2013 or beginning of 2014, another way to scam more money by the govt of their hard working people.

All these fees are to be repaid to the helper by the employer so you should check if there is any fees she paid herself or was she charged anything by the agency just to be on the safe side.

Everyone has to pay a fee to leave Philippines. But I think the one for locals is higher.

Sent from my SM-N900 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Everyone has to pay a fee to leave Philippines. But I think the one for locals is higher.

Sent from my SM-N900 using GeoClicks mobile app
    The helpers need to pay another fee on top of the airport departure tax.

I did some digging and this is the department that they have to pay and get the document, without this they cant exit.

http://www.poea.gov.ph/

yeah she had to pay a fee but it wasn't that much.