Spatial awareness on the MTR

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    But I still do not agree with the "since they push me, I push them" stuff I read so many times on this forum...

A smile goes a long way!
    Mat

Have you always been a doormat all your life?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Mat

Have you always been a doormat all your life?
    Being black belt in Judo (11 years practice) along with a couple of martial arts (kung fu for example) I could easily handle some hot situation, that said most of the time being nice with people is a much more effective manner to get things done the way you want it than being a big fat asshole (and mind you I work in IB where we do have a couple of that last kind...)

So continue to push people on the MTR if you wish, after almost 7 years here I still feel happy to hold doors, wait at the lift and so on....

Wow Mat, you're the perfect man. Are you free later on?

But am confused about one thing. How does someone in IB find time to write on Geoexpat all day long?

Last edited by aussiegal; 29-08-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    Wow Mat, you're the perfect man. Are you free later on?

But am confused about one thing. How does someone in IB find time to write on Geoexpat all day long?
    Well in IB (your husband should know that), you have rush period and slow period...august, especially for a european bank is not what we would call a busy month...

Maybe you should get them to do some deals in Asia, where things are still hot. We are in Asia after all.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    Maybe you should get them to do some deals in Asia, where things are still hot. We are in Asia after all.
    Thanks for the tip, will let them know...

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    I experienced this on the bus from Park Island to Tsing Yi one morning, the bus is nearly always full by the time it gets to our stop (why I know use the ferry instead!) and on this particular morning there was a long que but a few seats available, as we were filing onto the bus a young child came running from the back of the que (seemingly encouraged by his father), darted on the bus and grabbed one of the last remaining two seats on the bus...when I got on the bus it just so happened that the only seat left was the one he was trying to save for his father, which of course I made him move up and I sat there, much to his dismay. ah well.
    What I also don't get is how people (also in Park Island) are running towards the bus queue, although the IS NO BUS THERE!! Well, I get it of course, is to get a better chance for a seat. But how rude is that, running elbowing your way past people who are CLEARLY walking towards THE SAME QUEUE?? And the running up escalators when there is not train waiting, whats the point in that?

Quote Originally Posted by gaston:
    What I also don't get is how people (also in Park Island) are running towards the bus queue, although the IS NO BUS THERE!! Well, I get it of course, is to get a better chance for a seat. But how rude is that, running elbowing your way past people who are CLEARLY walking towards THE SAME QUEUE?? And the running up escalators when there is not train waiting, whats the point in that?
    I run up and down the escalators because I have places to go and I enjoy the exercise

I walk up escalators because I have places to go and I need the exercise! If I could run, I probably would!

Luckily for the 3 visits I did in HK, I didn't experience any of that pushing and shoving in MTR. Most probably those times weren't exactly rush hours.