Spatial awareness on the MTR

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27

Luckily for the 3 visits I did in HK, I didn't experience any of that pushing and shoving in MTR. Most probably those times weren't exactly rush hours.

While on the MTR today I saw an infant sitting in a pram; It was staring at me for a long time, and sure enough, it reached out and began to roll the pram over to me; after a quick look at my new shoes, it rolled over my foot!

what could I do? It was an infant, and I wanted to avoid any trouble.

I stood up and began to walk away, but the infant rolled the tram up against me and tripped me. At that point I was furious! These damnable local babies on the MTR with their absolute lack of spatial awareness!

I screamed gai lan choi as loud as I could while grabbing the pram and pushing it towards the open door; just then the infant's mother looked up from her mobile phone and saw what I was doing.

"Stupid gweilo!" she yelled while she began to swing her bag at my red gweilo face.

"Aiyaaaaaah!" was my only reply as I ran off the train just as the doors were closing.

but: there is a good ending to the story: I looked down and saw a $1 coin. score!

I actually made some money today.

"saw an infant sitting in a pram; It was staring at me for a long time, and sure enough, it reached out and began to roll the pram over to me"
    "I stood up and began to walk away, but the infant rolled the tram up against me and tripped me"

The next SuperKid....while sitting on a pushchair he manages to roll it over your feet and then he even manages to roll the tram up against you while you were walking....

Am I missing something here ;-)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    "saw an infant sitting in a pram; It was staring at me for a long time, and sure enough, it reached out and began to roll the pram over to me"
    "I stood up and began to walk away, but the infant rolled the tram up against me and tripped me"

The next SuperKid....while sitting on a pushchair he manages to roll it over your feet and then he even manages to roll the tram up against you while you were walking....

Am I missing something here ;-)?
    He must be trying to break the ice

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27