Like Tree13Likes

Smoke from BBQ coming in house & balcony

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smoke from BBQ coming in house & balcony

Hello,

I was wondering what to do because I live in the NT and the shops downstairs rent out BBQ units to people to BBQ in front of their premises. I've contacted the lands department, because the businesses are using public land to make money but they said they don't have enough manpower to enforce anything. I've also contacted the EPD and FEHD, but both said it is not their responsibility, shifting the responsibly to each other.

I was wondering what I could do, because the shops downstairs will not stop, and I am concerned with my health. Furthermore, there is ash that covers literally everything on my balcony, which makes it impossible for me to dry my clothes. Also, the smoke seeps into the house, which is very unpleasant, as you can imagine. Please help me out!

There's not much you can do to enforce land laws in the NT, kevung.

Move house.

Angry

Rent a professional sound system or buy some good speakers and blast the music of your choice. Smoke big ol' Cubans and blow the smoke at the BBQers. Practice martial arts in front of your house. Get some really big, mean dogs. Invite your biggest, meanest friends over to get drunk and start shouting and cursing up a storm every night. Start burning oil from your vehicle outside your house so the fumes go everywhere.

Lots of things you can do!

Alternatively, give me a daily budget for nuisance and I'd be happy to help.

bookblogger and Dreadnought like this.

Thanks everyone. Seems I can't do much...damn. Anyways I think jays solution is the best I'll be blasting the British national anthem all day today followed by the American one on July 4th with a heavy helping of 80s hair metal bands. Cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Rent a professional sound system or buy some good speakers and blast the music of your choice. Smoke big ol' Cubans and blow the smoke at the BBQers. Practice martial arts in front of your house. Get some really big, mean dogs. Invite your biggest, meanest friends over to get drunk and start shouting and cursing up a storm every night. Start burning oil from your vehicle outside your house so the fumes go everywhere.

Lots of things you can do!

Alternatively, give me a daily budget for nuisance and I'd be happy to help.

Was this happening when you signed the lease?

Not really. The landlord told me sometimes people bbq but it wasn't bad. She didn't mention it is nearly every night, the ash or that the smoke could come in though.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Was this happening when you signed the lease?

rent or buy a few large fans, re -direct the smoke back to them,

You could invest in a hose and ocasionally create 'localised showers' straight into the BBQs while watering (existing or non-existing) plants

have a sprinkler and some plants on balconey, make sure the sprinkler sprays very fine mist and this contain the smoke and rain down them and this will drive their customers away, make sure sprinkler is timed with automatically sprinkler

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.co...t&actsrch=srp3

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.co...t&actsrch=srp3

if they complain, you counter-complain to police

elle and Tom007 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast