What Is It With Wellies..?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Personally I think it's the sensible thing to do, seeing what sort of weather we've been having in the past month or so. Been playing with the idea of joining the wellies brigade, especially considering how much I spend on my shoes.... but the aesthetics part of it holds me back every time...

My footwear of choice recently has been the Nike ACG Goadome in black on black (first pair in the video). Really hard to find right now. Waterproof and comfortable enough to sprint in! I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more comfortable pair of boots.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLtq56ksaAQ]YouTube - Wale Nike Boots commercial[/ame]

Oh, Gumboots, some looked horrible. At least they are not wearing moccasin during summers.

Trust me I have seen worse: I saw people wearing turtleneck and furs when outside was 20+ degree.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more comfortable pair of boots.
    You're probably correct, at least until the air cushions burst!

This has happened to all my nike air shoes and I persevered for a long time.

That's never happened to me. You must have really punished 'em to get to that stage! lol.

saw a guy on the way to work this morning in a full suit and a thick scarf!...sure he thought he looked good.. I think he looked like a bloody idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    That's never happened to me. You must have really punished 'em to get to that stage! lol.
    Well I am the wrong side of 100kg but you would think the shoes would be designed for weights well above this, people such as Shaq O'Neil spring to mind!

Also, I believe the open design can allow abrasive substances to contact the air bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Well I am the wrong side of 100kg but you would think the shoes would be designed for weights well above this, people such as Shaq O'Neil spring to mind!

Also, I believe the open design can allow abrasive substances to contact the air bubble.
    I did some reading after your first post on this thread and it appears that some models are more prone to 'bursting' than others. I've been wearing Air soles since '95 (can't remember wearing them before that) and have never had that happen. I weigh about 95kg now. I find the Shox have a tendency to bottom out, including the ones designed for the NBA (Elite series), but the Air soles have been fine.

The Goadome air bubbles tend to be more 'recessed' and less of the bubble is exposed, so that might be why they're proving to be so durable.

Which Nikes did you have trouble with?

I think the Wellies thing looks fine, even if it's a little impractical for HK on most days. An attractive woman is attractive no matter what she's wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielandHayley:
    Thats my point...I cant speak for the US, but in the UK around Septemeber you need to start thinking about dressing for the autumn...whereas here you can wear summer clothing up to at least november! There are scarfs and gloves for sale in Zara...Hong Kong Observatory

hmmm..
    You and I can do that, but the locals won't. I think I have worn summer clothing every month I have been here (not every day of every month, but at least once in any given month).

The hats and gloves are for wearing in the overly ACed buildings. They are a year-round accessory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2