Like Tree4Likes

Crazy building manager!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Actually I think it would have been wiser to call the cops and complain about election posters being put up on private property.
    My place doesn't allow any non relevant posters, flyers,newsletters from district counclis etc to be put up inside the building.

In shops I too get the transparent treatment and it works fine till I find what I am looking for and then open my mouth and speak in the sweet tongue- that usually gets prompt and attentive service as the sales girl is relived that she will not have to struggle to communicate.
    There are some however who, on seeing an Indian face and hearing Cantonese, have a system overload and need to be rebooted before they can deciper what is being said to them

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid
    Actually I think it would have been wiser to call the cops and complain about election posters being put up on private property.
    My place doesn't allow any non relevant posters, flyers,newsletters from district counclis etc to be put up inside the building.
    But that would be a decision for the management wouldn't it? Better to complain to them about their decision than go to the police who would just say "well management agreed".

I don't know what is more amazing - the original post (what an experience!) or people who think she brought it on herself! Cops for taking down a poster??????? My goodness, don't they have any real work to do in this town?

Surely the correct response was the for the building manager to knock on the door, ask for her poster back, inform the OP that it was an election poster and that she has all the right clearances to be putting it up (!) and then walk away.

I would ABSOLUTELY take this to the press. Make sure you take a photo of the poster so that everyone can see the face of the lunatic you have to deal with every day!

(or perhaps post it here so that anyone here with the right connections can help you out!)

Last edited by MovingIn07; 16-08-2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added abit

OMG Bobbie what a Mad Women! I'm sure we're all curious to know who she is. Here's the Legco Election site.

2008 Legislative Council Election

Quote Originally Posted by rani
    OMG Bobbie what a Mad Women! I'm sure we're all curious to know who she is. Here's the Legco Election site.

2008 Legislative Council Election

Very cool Rani.

So... OP, is it 'mad' Maggie, solicitor age 39 (probably not) or 'mad' Chan Yuen Han, Legislative Councillor age 61 (a little more probable) ??

(OR... None of the above and your 'mad' management lady was telling a rather large white lie.)
    Last edited by saphireruby; 16-08-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Have been thinking about this once. I am with kombuchakid - I think the election poster may have been put up against the rules of management. The rules will probably state that no poster or notice is to be put up unless approved by management. Now, the crazy woman (not Bobbie!) may be a manager, but she may not have the authority for this.

I would make a complaint to someone about it - not sure who those.

On another note, good luck with the new kid on the way!

remember when you rent a flat, you are renting the common area as well. so technically you have the rights to the common area...

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    remember when you rent a flat, you are renting the common area as well. so technically you have the rights to the common area...
    wanna bet !

we can't even put a pair of shoes outside our front door at Bel-Air. We tried it a few times and received legal notices together with pictures of our 'offending' shoes.

I feel your pain...

interesting ...reminds me of the post on another site; a cautionary tale about the gweilo, fed up with the problems caused by renovation guys in his building (we all relate ) confronted them.It escalalated , things culminated in a punch up -and -you guessed it - the local was exonerated and the gweilo supposedly went to jail.
    The locals like to have things their way and its wise to leave things alone as nit picking over details like posters is a national pastime; meantime civil liberties don't rate a mention .Funny lot .It's not a democracy, la, after all and working things out with humour and reason would require a national 'reboot' too (loved that crack!)

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by saphireruby
    we can't even put a pair of shoes outside our front door
    This is actually against the fire services ordinance-something about flammable items blocking the common areas, this along with fire doors left ajar, would really upset the fire inspectors , especially right now.

Can we please have a pic of the mad woman of chaillot so I know who not to vote for?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast