Like Tree4Likes

Crazy building manager!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid
    This is actually against the fire services ordinance-something about flammable items blocking the common areas, this along with fire doors left ajar, would really upset the fire inspectors , especially right now.

Can we please have a pic of the mad woman of chaillot so I know who not to vote for?
    I have no problem with not putting our shoes out there as long as the rules apply to everyone. 12 out of the 51 floors in our block,there are shoes, bikes, cabinets and on one floor a loveseat (they have both apartments on that floor). Rules seem to be different for some.

Bobbie... I totally understand your losing it and ripping the poster down. I wouldn't have done it, but... I spend a lot of my time stopping my husband from doing things like that. If they'd arrived at our apartment at 1am it would have been my husband being arrested... for losing it.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy is stress-free. It's extra hard keeping calm when you're 7 months pregnant and during the summer months. Good Luck with your pregnancy.

>> the local was exonerated and the gweilo supposedly went to jail.

With all due respect and all that... if I were a betting man, I'd say good call by the cops / legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by saphireruby
    we can't even put a pair of shoes outside our front door at Bel-Air. We tried it a few times and received legal notices together with pictures of our 'offending' shoes.
    I really don't understand people that want to leave their personal items in a public hallway. Is the apartment too small to accommodate your shoes? Are the shoes too aromatic to bring inside so you'd rather leave them for your neighbours (and their guests) to enjoy? I had a neighbour left his dirty workboots AND SOCKS outside his door. I guess it's a 'culture' thing but I'm sorry... no sympathy here.

I still don't understand why you took down the poster without even knowing what it said!

What if it said somehting like ... wanted dead or alive? Maybe someone put it up becasue she refused to pay the building water repair man and no one had running toilet water for 2 weeks.

Crazy Manager

Thanks for all the feedback So far we haven't had any calls or visits from the police. I must add that besides initially ignoring me, they were really nice and I have had nothing but positive experiences with HK's men/women in blue.

The reason I took the poster down was because I thought it was an eyesore and it covered the entryway so it was difficult to see out of (important when you're maneuvering a belly). We really thought it was a karaoke advertisement. I realize it was not my place to do this and I shouldn't have done so (bad pregnant lady!).

you guys can all check her out here:
    http://www.elections.gov.hk/legco200...gc_kln_w_6.pdf

I would like to write about this as I don't think she would be a 'sane' much less outstanding public representative. Any ideas of how to go about it?

And if this is a fire hazard how do I contact someone who has the authority to take it down?
    ..........b

Last edited by bobbiesehra; 16-08-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Sorry but all this seems to stem from this grudge you have against her for the toilet issue as opposed to anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Sorry but all this seems to stem from this grudge you have against her for the toilet issue as opposed to anything else.

I wouldn't say it was a grudge, or perhaps we just have different standards back home in terms of living conditions...not sure (re: the broken toilet for two weeks in conjunction with last nights 1am fiasco).

I think it would be difficult not to compound the two incidents since they were directly mishandled by her both times. I think my main qualm now is that this seems a bit extreme for someone running for public office (and of course ill-managed). Again perhaps there are different standards here and I'm missing the boat. That being said I'm not sure if any of my Chinese colleagues would stand for these types of issues with their 'building manager'.
    Last edited by bobbiesehra; 16-08-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    >> the local was exonerated and the gweilo supposedly went to jail.

With all due respect and all that... if I were a betting man, I'd say good call by the cops / legal system.
    why do you assume the expat was rightly sent to jail? interesting-actually my recollection was it was a case of ' equal force', but its been a while ...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiesehra
    I wouldn't say it was a grudge, or perhaps we just have different standards back home in terms of living conditions...not sure (re: the broken toilet for two weeks in conjunction with last nights 1am fiasco).

I think it would be difficult not to compound the two incidents since they were directly mishandled by her both times. I think my main qualm now is that this seems a bit extreme for someone running for public office (and of course ill-managed). Again perhaps there are different standards here and I'm missing the boat. That being said I'm not sure if any of my Chinese colleagues would stand for these types of issues with their 'building manager'.
    She sounds a right [email protected] what a performance and how spiteful really ,at bottom her actions were, despite any possible reasons ... dobbing you in to the police instead of quietly talking to you herself and pointing out the problem .Not a lot of grown ups here I think sometimes ...pathetic actually in terms of 'how important is it?' I think its great that you have circulated her picture -pity is ,we expats don't get to vote for these political representatives -do we ? unless we are permanents...

aiya.. bobbie, that sounds crazy. and a total waste of police time, the woman could've just come by asked why you took it down and told you what the poster was and it could've been cleared up so easily.

how did the woman know it was you who took down the poster?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast