Like Tree4Likes

Crazy building manager!!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Got to find a contact a local newspaper now ...

Bobbie - let me know if you want me to ask around. Although, I do think its a case of not letting her have her 15 mins. The more you push it the more exposure she gets. Wait for it all to pass and then find an appropriate manner to keep needling her and expose her mismanagement to the various departments concerned.

omg - this is really turning in to an episode of the twilight zone. How could I be trying to sabotage a poster when I had no idea what it was....jeese louise this women is more far gone then I ever thought.

I did speak to the police again yesterday, but I didn't want to go in on my own so they said I could wait till Saturday when Christian comes home. They also insisted I needed a translator (in his words 'it would be better for you'). Not for English but for PUNJABI! English is my first language, so I calmly asked the officer why he would assume I needed a translator...and continued to say that I appreciated his offer but as an public officer he really shouldn't base his judgments on the color of ones skin.

This is just getting more and more frustrating by the day.

...............b

I still can't get over the fact the police willingly showed up at your door at 1am over a poster.

I could understand if you had just finished stabbing the candidate...but for supposedly defacing a poster?!

Update

So I've written about 20 different people (newspapers) and the other constituents. I just hope everything goes away once she realizes that it wouldn't be in her best interest to harass a pregnant lady over something so small.

Knowing my luck we'll be run us out of our humble abode

Was it an official election poster or a homemade job? If the former I don't want to panic you but my local assistant says if it is the former it is quite a serious offence as it is officially Government property and normally you would be looking at a fine and two weeks prison. The only reason I say this is so that you are prepared for a grilling and perhaps ask for a lawyer to be present if it looks like it is going badly. The fact that they have offered an interpreter means they are taking it seriously and it will be an official recorded police interview.

oh my god!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiesehra:
    oh my god!
    I'm sure it won't come to that especially as you are pregnant, probably just a telling off - but it's best to be prepared.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just contacted a lawyer...this is nutso...I will never, I repeat never take a poster off of anything ever again.

Thanks for the warning!!! Wow I'm just speechless...

This is just BIZARRE. I feel so sorry for you. It's just the type of thing I might have done myself and a warning to us all. I still think you need to maintain you thought it was a hazard but didn't know what it was (and how would you?) since this gives you the moral high ground.

Good luck Bobbie!

I sympathise because I've had the urge to tear down posters in my lift lobby before (and have in fact defaced a few when worse for wear).

And the election posters can be so ugly! I hate having these things thrust in my face. The streets are full of advertising, Olympic banners and the world's ugliest politicians' mugs.

It's too much to have them in your building too.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast