Like Tree4Likes

Crazy building manager!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

This is just BIZARRE. I feel so sorry for you. It's just the type of thing I might have done myself and a warning to us all. I still think you need to maintain you thought it was a hazard but didn't know what it was (and how would you?) since this gives you the moral high ground.

Good luck Bobbie!

I sympathise because I've had the urge to tear down posters in my lift lobby before (and have in fact defaced a few when worse for wear).

And the election posters can be so ugly! I hate having these things thrust in my face. The streets are full of advertising, Olympic banners and the world's ugliest politicians' mugs.

It's too much to have them in your building too.

I think you should also edit your posts here and maybe even ask KIA to delete this entire thread as you created it.

Let others here post up a thread on the topic but if this is serious you want to make sure the prosecutor in considering whether to proceed with charges realizes that you understand what you did was wrong and you are contrite.

The sad thing is that you will now have to pay for legal counsel which in this case can require some legal research and checking just to make sure they are correct in laying a charge and that you don`t post material that can lead to a conviction.

I don`t know HK law but I do know there are election rules here about where posters can be placed and the candidate must file with the Chief Electoral Office where these posters are going and on private property they require written permission. That is how I read this on this link here but again I don`t even know what election this is. Maybe this was posted by this person illegitimately.

However, I couldn`t see any offence for tearing down an election poster but I just took a quick look.

It could be some sort of public mischief or nothing of a very serious nature.

bobbie...this might help prep your case.

http://www.elections.gov.hk/legco200...hapter_8_e.pdf

Bobbie - Let me know if you want me to make this thread vanish.

From the document linked to above,

private spots which are spots on private land/property in respect of which written permission or authorisation for display has been obtained from the owner or occupier concerned by the candidate himself.
    Would mean that the candidate would need authorisation from the building owners association or from herself, i.e. the building manager?

Another relevant para:

8.18 Candidates who wish to display their EAs on land/property other than government land/property and other than the designated spots must obtain the prior written permission or authorisation of the owner or occupier [s 104A of Cap 132].

The obtaining of written permission or authorisation from the private owner or occupier is a matter for private arrangement between the candidate and the owner or occupier, and they are therefore called private spots.

A copy of the written permission or authorisation must be deposited with the RO for the relevant GC or FC before display. [Please also see para. 8.23 below.] Any consideration, fee or money incurred or agreed to be paid by or on behalf of the candidate to the owner or occupier for display of his EAs forms part of his election expenses.

If a commercial advertising space for rent is allowed by the private owner or occupier to be used free of charge by a candidate for display of his EAs, a reasonable market value for the use of that space will have to be accounted for by the candidate as an election donation and counted as election expenses.

Such a provision is to ensure that the candidate concerned will not have unfair advantage over the others who do not have access to such facilities.

If the private spot for displaying the EA is normally used for commercial purpose, the actual rent charged or the usual rent or market rent that would normally be charged should be counted as the election expenses of the candidate concerned, irrespective of whether it is owned by the candidate or whether the owner of it allows the candidate to use it free of charge (in which case it would be a donation of the rent).

Where a space provided by a particular private owner or occupier for a candidate to display EAs is not used for commercial advertising, but similar space belonging to other owners or occupiers is available for commercial advertising, the market value of the space should also be accounted for. The provision of this kind of rent-free space should be regarded as donation.

For details on how the estimated value should be assessed, please refer to para. 16.21 of Chapter 16. If a space is not normally used by any private owners or occupiers for commercial advertising, there is no need for the candidate to account for its value.

Great document backpacker.

8.55 A candidate must not display his EAs other than at the places set out in his declaration.

Whoa

Do you all think this thread is dangerous?

Thanks for that helpful article...I 'll definately take that info to the station with me.

I think the thread should stay till I find out just how much trouble bubs and I are in (I partially blame bubs and my hormones).

I'm really scared now, to say the least this is all just so unbelievable.

.........b

I don't think it's particularly dangerous, you have not said you did anything malicious, you have highlighted you were concerned about seeing where you were going etc. You can always edit earlier posts if you think they are problematic. I don't think anyone else's posts are relevant.

So which person red carded me and called me a fag then?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast