Like Tree4Likes

Crazy building manager!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    So which person red carded me and called me a fag then?
    Probably the same person who red carded me...some people obviously don't like other people having an opinion. Sounds like the behaviour of the candidate on the poster doesn't it?

Bobbie - despite what I have said before I do wish you well and I am sorry if I have panicked you. However, better to find out its OK on Saturday and be relieved than unprepared and shocked to find yourself in deep trouble.

I might totally sound like a putz here - but what are you guys referring to 'red carded' 'fag'?

I was never offended by anyones posts I think it actually made me look at the situation objectively and take onus. I have found this thread to be super helpful, and I agree that by telling me where this could go (jail, monetary penalty) I will be better prepared for the station on Saturday.

I heard back from the lawyer today, and for the initial consultation the cost is 4,000 HKD. So we're thinking that we should see how it goes at the police station on Saturday and if they do want to pursue it I'll then seriously consider the lawyer.

Any feedback? The other option would be to postpone the interview at the police station till I have met with the lawyers.

............b

Red card is when somebody clicks on the rate this post button and gives you a negative feedback for your comment.

Bobbie

4k? thats crazy just for an initial consultation with a lawyer.

Have the police given any sort of indication where they're heading with this? I'd say see what they say on Saturday and then review it.

Fingers crossed they'll drop it and give you a warning and leave it at that. The negative press they can get should be a kick in the backside to these jobsworths.

Good luck and hope it gets sorted out on saturday.

Bobbie - $4K for a simple consult in Central Gwailo lawyer rates. You need a local lawyer.

police

Just wanted to let everyone know that the police were actually really helpful and accommodating.

Apparently this women just wanted to use us for publicity and she got what she could out of it and thats that.

I have learned my lesson - although I do hope the karmic police drop by on 'Cruella' sooner then later.

...............b

So everything is o.k now and they're not going to take this further?

If so then congratulations and glad this is all over and yup hope karma pays her back for wasting peoples time.

p.s

permission for me to draw a moustache on her photo?

That's excellent news Bobbie.

Now its over I'll tell you why I told you what my assistant said. Someone I know was recently in trouble but didn't think it would be too bad. Police called her in for an interview with an interpreter, but she refused a lawyer and help from the consulate as she thought it was not too serious. She gets out of prison next summer.

friend in jail

Thanks for the vote of support guys Again, I really did appreciate the help along the way.

Jimbo - I won't be taking this further. I sent out about 20 emails to newspapers and other constituents in the area and didn't hear back so I figure that it's just meant to be done with.

Hullexile - May I ask what your friend did?

...........b

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiesehra
    Thanks for the vote of support guys Again, I really did appreciate the help along the way.

Jimbo - I won't be taking this further. I sent out about 20 emails to newspapers and other constituents in the area and didn't hear back so I figure that it's just meant to be done with.

Hullexile - May I ask what your friend did?

...........b
    An immigration issue so nothing like yours. Its just that sometimes what seems not too serious to us can be taken much more seriously in another country. There was a bloke (a total prat) who refused to stand up for the Philippine national anthem. Deported and banned from entry for life! In UK no-one would hardly notice.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiesehra

I meant they won't be taking it any further as in no charges pressed etc?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast