Like Tree3Likes

Is Pui O Beach always this dirty???

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendJay:
    The problem is as Moving points out, (cough) the locals (cough) discarding their rubbish inconsiderately, not caring, not having any common courtesy for others. A big part of why the beach cleaners are 97% expat and only 3% of the population, the locals just don't give a shit about anything or anyone, unless of course its themselves or their immediate family only.
    Precisely. Moreover the locals do not even appear to NOTICE the rubbish.

I have been hiking with locals in NT and come across an 'old village' and they go 'oh how pretty' while what i see is derelict buildings, discarded car parts and huge piles of construction waste and other rubbish.

Similarly, we went to that little outlying Island (the one that is near china and is a marine park) Ping Chau something? ... anyway... we walked along the beach there and the locals were going "what a lovely beach" ... as we trampled the plastic bottles and other garbage that was so deep it was pretty much impossibe to find a place to put your foot that was not on top of some rubbish. It was incredible. when I pointed out the rubbish they said "oh well this just gets washed up from China" .. as though it was just a normal part of the scenery and not worth mentioning.

Very odd. These folks are lovely the rest of the time! But I think many have never lived anywhere else and have no concept of what a 'clean' beach actually looks like. I think it's one of the reasons why the air pollution problem persists too .... many locals have no idea that it's not normal.

As I typed my last, I was suddenly reminded of a Larry Feign strip dealing with just this topic and the locals complete disregard for our environment or other people in general.

Lily Wong cartoon archive

This one makes me chuckle too.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    But I think many have never lived anywhere else and have no concept of what a 'clean' beach actually looks like. I think it's one of the reasons why the air pollution problem persists too .... many locals have no idea that it's not normal.
    Except that most of the gazetted beaches are in very good nick so they do know what a clean beach looks like. And the air pollution has only got bad within the last decade or so, so people can remember clear skies...

Quote Originally Posted by CBNT:
    hey! don't insult a.s.! he's my neighbor! btw, me and him clean beaches together u MFKRs! "go visit those beaches urself and shut the ass ranting up urself!" says as. behind me(he's a bit offensive soemties
    he's your neighnour huh? thats convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by CBNT:
    hey! don't insult a.s.! he's my neighbor! btw, me and him clean beaches together u MFKRs! "go visit those beaches urself and shut the ass ranting up urself!" says as. behind me(he's a bit offensive soemties
    New signups, new neighbours, similar insults and same generally horrible attitude.

I'm still trying to figure out what their angle is. As trolls, the quality is pretty terrible - but there must be a point to their imbecilic posts..
    *shrug*

HC
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 17-05-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    Have I missed something? I'm not really sure what you're concern is AS?

You think there's been some kind of conspiracy of people pretending to pick up rubbish when actually they haven't? In order to ....?
    Ah but you don't understand the magnitude of this Dipper. It is all linked to Lehman Brothers and the banking collapse. We all know the banks were selling rubbish bonds and derivatives (and no I don't know wtf I am talking about ) - There was no rubbish in the first place, it was all made up by the HK government!

[QUOTE=CBNT;661521]SAME UR BUTT HORRIBLE ATTITUDE! I'M ONLY 14! HE'S 40 SOMETHING1 ni zhe ge fan tou gen tou@!!1[/QUOTE

Posted via Mobile Device

Gee, please commend your parents on what a fine youg human being they have raised. :0
    oh, and as I suspect the majority of posters may not understand Cantonese, perhaps posting insults in English is preferable so that they actually count.

Last edited by Loz_2; 17-05-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4