Like Tree318Likes

Things you haven't encountered prior to living in HK

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by d-28:
    Women screaming random noises in parks like beasts
    That raises a good point,noise in general and the heavy handed nature of Hong Kong in general.

I thought about this a lot while being in Tokyo, over the long weekend, and marvelled at how such a city as big as Tokyo can keep noise down to such a lovely level. Even road traffic is so muted, that you just dont notice it.

Japan always amazes me though, a fascinating country.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    A post code that is never used

Hong Kong's post code within China is actually 999077
    It's not used because, for postal purposes, HK is not part of China. The stamps say "Hong Kong, China", but I think that's only (only!) a political statement. I have corrected people who have sent me letters addressed in that way. Am I right to correct them?

And see http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/5...256306-16.html

What do you mean there's No Toilet Paper in This Stall?
    And Where are the Napkins?

General hypochondriac. Eg. Using paper towels to open bathroom doors, throwing the first paper towel in a bathroom in the bin before using the next to dry their hands, using various objects to push elevator buttons.

HK_Katherine, bibbju and 100LL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    General hypochondriac. Eg. Using paper towels to open bathroom doors, throwing the first paper towel in a bathroom in the bin before using the next to dry their hands, using various objects to push elevator buttons.
    I hate people who are afraid to touch the doors, as if they'd die from it. Even more annoying: the door slamming into your face.

the paper towel "trick" on doorknobs at washrooms I understand though, there are 3 kind of offenders:
    1- people who don't wash their filthy hands at all
    2- people who wash their hands oftenly do so without using soap.
    3- people who splash their hands with water but can't be bothered to dry them, leaving you a nice wet doorknob.

#3 pisses me off the most, and combined with the other two it results in one filthy germ infestation.
    Then what's the point of washing your hands I wonder?
    Dankleness likes this.

Being hit by pedestrians elbow when walking on the street, as a normal practice like. And the hitter sneaked away as fast as a blink. Turning my head. wouldn't find her.

Women won't bother to push up their umbrellas in the rainy days. Couple times my face n eye was stabbed by the tips of umbrellas.

Women pushing their strollers as they never care the others.

Most ppl pronounce "Z" as "Yee Sad". lol....

Supermarkets where you can buy a certain item for weeks or months only to one day take the last of that item off the shelf...and never see it stocked again

Designer gum boots

>> the paper towel "trick" on doorknobs at washrooms ... one filthy germ infestation

I once heard a doctor on the radio saying that the inside doorknob of a public washroom is particularly clean, because most people have washed their hands.

- - - - - - - -

"What's the dirtiest part of your home?" he asked the programme presenter, obviously proud because he had a trick answer.
    "Go on, surprise me."
    "Your keyboard."

I once withdrew cash from a machine at Tsim Sha Tsui Station, and the keyboard was slimy.

>> Most ppl pronounce "Z" as "Yee Sad". lol....

Well said! Someone should have thought of that long ago.

I have heard that when children learn the alphabet at school, they learn the last two letters as WhyeeZed. Hence the HK pronunciation.

It's taught as ezed in Jamaica as well.

Quick wiki lookup:
    Z - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Izzard, possibly derived from the French or Occitans

R.O. likes this.

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast