Like Tree318Likes

Things you haven't encountered prior to living in HK

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Things you haven't encountered in HK: Too many pissed off expats on geoexpat...
    Pissed off expats is global. apart from young Kiwis / Aussies in London I have never met a completely happy expat community.

Also, expat forums are mostly used by people with a problem, and people with a problem are usually pissed off.

It's the few that stay after their problem is sorted that are the perennially pissed off ones ... and the ones that stay, then get banned because they are annoyingly pissing off all the other pissed off expats, and then resurrect themselves are really, really annoying.
    TheBrit and usehername like this.

I do agree that the signage is there for mothers n babies n the old folks. But we've experienced this many times n' i'm really not pissed off about it. But it's a waste of time going on about these things.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Also on three occasions on the mtr my pregnant wife was offered a seat and someone else rushed over n took her seat. C'mon n' we're pissed off expats? What about the people who took her seat? They were local Hong Kongers.

I agree with DeletedUser!

Sorry guys wrong cannon to the wrong ship

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Pissed off expats is global. apart from young Kiwis / Aussies in London I have never met a completely happy expat community.

Also, expat forums are mostly used by people with a problem, and people with a problem are usually pissed off.

It's the few that stay after their problem is sorted that are the perennially pissed off ones ... and the ones that stay, then get banned because they are annoyingly pissing off all the other pissed off expats, and then resurrect themselves are really, really annoying.
    Ain't that life as an expat? You should know what you are in for when you joined the "live-somewhere-else" camp. A little too late crying over spilled milk now. As for geoexpat resurrection, who are you referring to btw?
    Last edited by Cho-man; 07-10-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    Next time, try being nice - it's not that hard and it works wonder....
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Next time, try being nice - it's not that hard and it works wonder....
    Yup, we seem to discovered a MTR a-hole in our mist?

(Although truth be told, I've long stopped counting the no. of jerk and a-holes on the MTR, there are just too many...)
    Last edited by Cho-man; 07-10-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Ain't that life as an expat? You should know what you are in for when you joined the "live-somewhere-else" camp. A little too late crying over spilled milk now. As for geoexpat resurrection, who are you referring to btw?
    Cows never change their spots. Man up and stop hiding in the Water Closet.
    HowardCoombs and bookblogger like this.

Speaking of cows, until I got to Hong Kong, I never encountered cows and monkeys in a major city.

After I arrived in Hong Kong, I had the pleasure of visiting New Delhi and realized that Hong Kong is not the only major city in the world with cows and monkeys.

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast