• 1 Post By Elegiaque
  • 5 Post By threelittlepigs
  • 1 Post By jimbo
  • 3 Post By papaya
  • 3 Post By jaykay

why I love hk

Closed Thread

why I love hk

Lost my new galaxy in the taxi on Saturday morning. of course I didn't know the taxi number nor the driver's name. tied to call myself several times with no answer first. 30 minutes of desperation were ended by a call from the lovely lady who found my mobile. She ask my to pick it up anytime from the coffee shop she is working in. I am deeply impressed by the honesty of many HK people, this would never happen in my home country Germany and many other places on this planet. Thank you HK!

statman, Elegiaque, Mat and 1 others like this.

I lost my phone on a train in Germany once. Before I even realized I had lost it, the man had contacted the first person on my contacts, who then emailed me his contact information. He then mailed the phone to me for free. If you found someone's phone, wouldn't you also try to return? I think most people in the world actually are honest and genuine.

Skyhook likes this.

Papaya

You were lucky this time.
    Hope you gave her a reward for her honesty.

papaya likes this.

Lost my phone in taxi once. Didn't realise until the next morning. Called myself and taxi driver answered. He asked me where to drop it off and I told him where I lived. He happened to be close by and drove to me to drop off. I gave him a lai see which he refused. Since it was around CNY, I told him it was not for the phone but to wish him good business in the New Year. He accepted graciously.

HowardCoombs, lingc, jimbo and 2 others like this.

When I picked it up today, the lady had obviously day off but instructed her colleagues to handle the mobile to me when I come. By accident this coffee shop is close to my office and I even had lunch few times there. Hence I will go for lunch this week again and show my appreciation to the mobile founder

emx, Mat and jimbo like this.

You were lucky. Dropped my iPhone in a taxi, when I realised I checked it on find my phone and sent a message to call me. Phone was in Peak Galleria at the time. It was then switched off but as it was iOS7 I sent an erase which was confirmed next day and the thieving arse was left with an unusable brick which gave me some pleasure at least.

papaya, Watercooler and lingc like this.

I have had experiences of people losing their phones, and when switching on their phone location service, see it go over the board into China.....

back in the early '80s someone lost his cell phone and the founder returned it, that was more than 30 years ago.
    History repeats itself

I am not registered for any kind of tracking back the mobile, hence I was really lucky that a honest person found it. even if my parents taught me that all stuff is replaceable it would so annoying to buy new mobile and cut the holiday budget... be careful people, replaceable stuff is unfortunately not for free...

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    You were lucky. Dropped my iPhone in a taxi, when I realised I checked it on find my phone and sent a message to call me. Phone was in Peak Galleria at the time. It was then switched off but as it was iOS7 I sent an erase which was confirmed next day and the thieving arse was left with an unusable brick which gave me some pleasure at least.
    I think this really comes down to who happened to find your phone. If you are fortunate, you'll get a honest person. If you are less lucky, you'll get a opportunist thief. All random chance I think.