Former Permanent HK ID card holder

Closed Thread

Former Permanent HK ID card holder

Hi! My mom was a permanent HK ID card holder. She moved to the States 8 years ago & she was not able to fulfill one of the requirements of the HK immigration (wherein you have to enter HK every 3 years) so we assumed her permanent HK ID card is now invalid.

She wants to have her Permanent HK ID card back, any ideas how can she do that?

My father was the one who sponsored her before. Unfortunately they are not in speaking terms now. I'm a HK citizen but I read on their website my mom has to be 65 y/o before I can sponsor her, she's only 45.

Thanks!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

If she received PR by virtue of living here for 7 years (rather than being born here to Chinese citizens), she can apply for RTL, which would allow her to live here without a visa/sponsorship.

To get ROA again, she will have to live here for another 7 years.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 13-08-2014 at 04:54 PM.

So when she arrives in HK does she have to line up still in the tourist line or can she go straight to the Resident line using her old hk id?

She should be able to use her old ID card to enter HK at the residents line.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Perhaps someone with a similar experience can tell the OP what will happen at border control, and what she needs to do at ImmD after arrival.

she should apply for the id card at her closest Chinese Embassy before her travel.