Like Tree1Likes

where to buy Curling irons/flatirons, etc?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question where to buy Curling irons/flatirons, etc?

Hi,

does anyone kno where to get good flatirons, curling irons, hairdryers etc - curling irons in particular, at decent prices?

i have seen some at watson's...but i havent found a very good selection/range there at all.
    i stopped by the fortress in central too ...nothing! even their hair dryers suck!

i got the vidal sasson hair straightener from watsons a while back, and it does not work at all! doesnt get too hot n doesnt straighten...also the temperature isnt adjustable.

r there any shops in hk geared specifically to like hair products/electronics, especially the ones with various heat levels?

do hair salons give em away?? lol they usually have pretty good ones - obviously!

thanx!!

Hi Shafin,
    I bought my ceramic flat iron (Remington) about a year ago for below HK$ 400 at the Wing On department store in Sheung Wan (have seen it in their Jordan branch as well). I have seen ionic hair dryers there too. Not sure about the curling iron, but you could ask the (very friendly) guys at Paul Gerrard (Pottinger Street just up from Wellington Street). I am sure they can help you.

thanx

oo thanx - ima have to go check that out!

There are a couple of hair dressing supply shops in the Wan Chai/Causeway bay area. One in particular that I sourced hair products for the school fair from was

EA Hair Products Shop - 11:00 am - 10:00 pm 2891 0087 Shop B, ground Floor, 160 Wanchai Road.

I bought a new hairdryer there and they had quite a few models - quite powerful like the ones in salons. They are also quite helpful to recommend where else to go.

Also there is Professional Hair Products - G/F 49A Wellington Street, Central - 2536 0603 (just on the corner of Wellington and Pottinger Street Steps). Didn't see electrical items there but was not looking - worth a try.

I know this thread is REALLY old, but I'm bumping it up rather than starting a new one, in hopes of keeping most of the info in the same place.

I'm looking for a good quality flat iron that is all ceramic and won't damage hair.

I'm going to check out Wing On and EA Hair Products, but wanted to see if there are any other suggestions since maybe some new stores have cropped up?

Thanks in advance!

There are several stores in Ma On Shan Plaza and Sunshine Plaza out here in the 'burbs.

Tony

i bought my curling iron in mongkok argyle center for just HK$50 and i'm really happy with it...unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by mocharita
    i bought my curling iron in mongkok argyle center for just HK$50 and i'm really happy with it...unbelievable!
    at a salon or a store? if you have the name of the place you bought it that would be great

In Jordan, just exit out the Yue Hwa exit (Exit A I believe), turn right, go straight, and when you see the yoshinoya on your right, turn right and you'll run into the hair shops.

So did anyone ever find a good flat iron?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast