Like Tree12Likes

Domestic helper hiring delay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Domestic helper hiring delay

We selected domestic helper directly and requested T & H agency to process the papers. We were informed that visa was granted 3 weeks back but still they are waiting for some approval from Philippines government ? I am not sure what is the process and what they are wait for ? Anyone can throw some light what that approval may be OR where to check if agency claim is true ?

Last edited by vroom; 12-09-2014 at 07:11 AM.

Is dh in the Philippines?

Quote Originally Posted by auss:
    Is dh in the Philippines?
    T&H claims to have office in HK and Philippines, both location.

She is waiting for eoc which shall be granted in 7 working days in PH

Quote Originally Posted by vroom:
    We selected domestic helper directly and requested ...
    I've seen old biblical sword and sandal movies with scenes exactly like what you describe here...

one day

Quote Originally Posted by d-28:
    I've seen old biblical sword and sandal movies with scenes exactly like what you describe here...
    One day there will be a thread on helpers where d28 doesn't raise the issue of slavery
    wtbhotia, Mat and btc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    One day there will be a thread on helpers where d28 doesn't raise the issue of slavery
    Stop saying helpers

Quote Originally Posted by d-28:
    Stop saying helpers
    helpers call themselves helpers and do not consider themselves slaves. Of course they could all be stupid. If you are really concerned about the plight of the slaves then I would suggest you commit to helping them in some practical way either as an individual or through one of the organisations.
    HK_Katherine, Mat, ryan_w and 1 others like this.

I'm already helping by trying to steer people away from watered down vocabulary that sweetens the reality of the situation. It's indefensible to say that 'helper' is not a sugar coated euphemism.

Last edited by d-28; 13-09-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Slave is blatantly false so what term satisfies you? Preaching from your chair does nothing to help them. If you got off your arse and did something your comments would have some credibility. The fact that you choose to live in a slave supported society and yet do nothing practical is the indefensible thing. I do not consider it slavery (how many slaves are entitled to free flights home?) but still provided an open house and food to local helpers. Perhaps you could do the same or something else?

Mat and jmbf like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast