Like Tree14Likes

Best divorce lawyer in HK?

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6

    Hi guys,

    I know this is an old post... i'm browsing references at the moment as I just found out my husband is having multiple affairs (one I've seen msgs is in Malaysia, not sure about other countries as he travels in Asia a lot)... these girls also got him into substance abuse as well.

    We are married for more than 7 years, have a young kid together.

    It's very mind draining at the moment. As he's arranging biz trips all the time that makes him hardly home, our child even complains why daddy's not home all the time.

    I fronted him but he points finger at me... full denial and I was the reason he has to go seek for sexual pleasure...

    I'm willing to go for counselling as I wanna know how and what to do next.


  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdc9:
    Hi guys,

    I know this is an old post... i'm browsing references at the moment as I just found out my husband is having multiple affairs (one I've seen msgs is in Malaysia, not sure about other countries as he travels in Asia a lot)... these girls also got him into substance abuse as well.

    We are married for more than 7 years, have a young kid together.

    It's very mind draining at the moment. As he's arranging biz trips all the time that makes him hardly home, our child even complains why daddy's not home all the time.

    I fronted him but he points finger at me... full denial and I was the reason he has to go seek for sexual pleasure...

    I'm willing to go for counselling as I wanna know how and what to do next.
    IMO if you want to get a divorce because of his affairs, you should have been more stealth about your knowledge and not confronted him. Hire a private investigator to get documentary evidence such as photos of him with these women, preferably in compromising situations. I'm sure he will continue so maybe its not too late. Your focus should be on how you can convince the judge for maximum payout instead of dealing with emotions.
    Mcdc9 likes this.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    29,147
    Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    IMO if you want to get a divorce because of his affairs, you should have been more stealth about your knowledge and not confronted him. Hire a private investigator to get documentary evidence such as photos of him with these women, preferably in compromising situations. I'm sure he will continue so maybe its not too late. Your focus should be on how you can convince the judge for maximum payout instead of dealing with emotions.
    That is not how divorce works in most countries. Doubt very much that is how it works in HK.

    Earlier this year the wife of a friend produced private eye photos for the judge. He threw them back saying irrelevant.
    Coolboy, East_coast, Mcdc9 and 2 others like this.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    That is not how divorce works in most countries. Doubt very much that is how it works in HK.

    Earlier this year the wife of a friend produced private eye photos for the judge. He threw them back saying irrelevant.
    Oh! It is how it works on TV and the movies. lol.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    27

    Adultery is one of the five grounds for divorce (the five grounds are: 1 adultery; 2. the unreasonable behaviour of the respondent; 3. the parties’ one year separation [living apart] with consent; 4. the parties’ two-year separation without consent; or 5. the respondent’s desertion.) If you hit either one of the 5 grounds, then divorce order would be granted

    Adultery, however, is not too relevant to how much assets or how much maintenance you can get from your husband.

    Mcdc9 likes this.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The World
    Posts
    1,948
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    That is not how divorce works in most countries. Doubt very much that is how it works in HK.

    Earlier this year the wife of a friend produced private eye photos for the judge. He threw them back saying irrelevant.
    Agreed though if you want to aim for a settlement the photos might help with psychological pressure.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6

    Hi Wilfhk
    I've read about it. So I can go ahead to the Family Court (Queensway Govt Building) to file divorce directly?


  8. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdc9:
    Hi Wilfhk
    I've read about it. So I can go ahead to the Family Court (Queensway Govt Building) to file divorce directly?
    Since you have a Kid and probably property / money etc etc then its in your best interest to get a lawyer, if it was a straight divorce case with both parties in agreement then you could file directly and sve lawyer costs.

    Good Luck.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdc9:
    Hi Wilfhk
    I've read about it. So I can go ahead to the Family Court (Queensway Govt Building) to file divorce directly?
    the family court is in wanchai district court building

    I would suggest you to first try to sort out all the differences between you and your husband regarding the children and monetary matters. (family mediation services can be engaged if necessary)

    If there's no difference and you have separated for more than 1 year, both of you can file a joint petition to the court for divorce, with or without a lawyer.

    only if you cannot reach agreement on the above matters, lawyers are needed.

    a divorce Flow chart FYI:
    Family CLIC - MATRIMONIAL MATTERS - Divorce - Flowchart for divorce in Hong Kong
    Mcdc9 likes this.

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2