Like Tree14Likes

Is Mong Kok dangerous?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I gather this is a rara occurance, in uk, most large cities where you get stabbed/ or get beaten up by some drunk thug as well as possibly be robbed of your wallet/psp/ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I gather this is a rara occurance, in uk, most large cities where you get stabbed/ or get beaten up by some drunk thug as well as possibly be robbed of your wallet/psp/ipod.
    You can burglarized or robbed here. My family have been here for over 30 years and we've seen a lot of stuff go down! It just happens less often here than in most places.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 06-09-2008 at 09:36 AM.

yeah, i believe that you could get robbed/broken into here, vut as its quite rare occurance, in uk, some thug will break into your car for some loose change and some cigarettes!!

In this city, who actually apologizes for walking into you?! Very very rare.......

You should of punched one of them in the face, knock him out.

Then kick the other one on the knee (very hard)

Then hop onto your mini bus back to central and on the way think of the pain they are in and enjoy it

a very isolated case. I never encounter that sort of thing in Hong Kong to be honest. Keep going, Mongkok is great but just too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    True, Forgot to add that if you did that in London you'd be stabbed. 24 teen murders due to knife crime since January in London alone says it all.
    London is not that dangerous. I have lived and worked in London for 6 years and never have to use my pepper spray once. Having said that, one of my friends was walking through a rough neighbourhood, listening to his ipod and got whacked up by a bunch of teens. Probably the key to staying out of trouble in any less than squeaky clean neighbourhood is to be non-flashy and lay low. Really, no place is 100% safe (except maybe Singapore which is abnormally safe), and you just have to be on your guard.

I no longer listen to my MP3 players in public. I like to be completely aware of what's going on around me. I don't drink in public either.

nfinitfx: that would be a great way to get yourself arrested.

Pls note, most people who accidently bump into others within hk are apologetic as they use a hand gesture by raising their hand and showing their palms of their hand ( to the person who bumped into) to state that they are sorry and it was unintentional.

"London is not that dangerous. I have lived and worked in London for 6 years and never have to use my pepper spray once. Having said that, one of my friends was walking through a rough neighbourhood, listening to his ipod and got whacked up by a bunch of teens. Probably the key to staying out of trouble in any less than squeaky clean neighbourhood is to be non-flashy and lay low. Really, no place is 100% safe (except maybe Singapore which is abnormally safe), and you just have to be on your guard."

I assume you live in kensington, chelsea or some other leafy affluent area within london.
    A majority of the knife crimes will be in areas of high unemployment, eg, brixton.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast