Like Tree14Likes

Is Mong Kok dangerous?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Last month I got chased down jaffe road by a Scottish man at 8:30 on a Sunday morning . He picked up a decorators ladder crossed the road and threw it at me .
    He was yelling something about Americans. Lucky he was just a wee little guy so I wasn't that scared .
    Gwailo on gwailo crime not uncommon and more a danger any Chinese dude

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Last month I got chased down jaffe road by a Scottish man at 8:30 on a Sunday morning . He picked up a decorators ladder crossed the road and threw it at me .
    He was yelling something about Americans. Lucky he was just a wee little guy so I wasn't that scared .
    Gwailo on gwailo crime not uncommon and more a danger any Chinese dude
    How did he ID you as an American? Do you fit the typical visual stereotype? I mean the cowboy hat and boots?

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine:
    How did he ID you as an American? Do you fit the typical visual stereotype? I mean the cowboy hat and boots?
    Or committing more serious crimes like eating while wearing a hat
    greenmark likes this.

I'm an aussie . And I was even wearing thongs ! maybe that's what got him riled up- though he got the nationality wrong

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    I'm an aussie . And I was even wearing thongs ! maybe that's what got him riled up- though he got the nationality wrong

Thongs don't suit everyone, or maybe you missed his safety at work sign

Last edited by East_coast; 27-06-2015 at 09:15 AM.
    hongkong7 and nickvv like this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Well the thread is alive now! Talking of fist fights, I've never seen one in 6 years here. The closest has been at football matches involving gweilos haha.
    Ive seen several fights among locals &/or mainlanders. Most just involved the big 3 S's for Asian fighting..shouting, slapping & shoving. I have never seen a close fisted punch thrown in China or HK.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Well the thread is alive now! Talking of fist fights, I've never seen one in 6 years here. The closest has been at football matches involving gweilos haha.
    My work used to involve walking every corner of Hong Kong streets 4-6hrs per day for months. So I had more time to be outside witnessing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    My work used to involve walking every corner of Hong Kong streets 4-6hrs per day for months. So I had more time to be outside witnessing it.
    isn't that illegal?

There are plenty of small triad run flats you could of worked from.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    The end is nigh!

Should've just spoke English and they'll leave you alone = best solution with dealing with Hong Kongers.

x HK sales people ring you up trying to sell things = speak English, and they'll hang up.
    x HK insurance agents or staff from the bank trying to sell you something on the street =
    speak English and they'll usually say, "sowwy" and walk away. (this only applies if you are Asian looking) lol

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast