Any bloggers here?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I think you suffer only from a mild variation

Any recommendations for a multi user blog software package?

I'm fond of blogger, you have have the interface and hosted on their servers, or just have the interface and have it published to another server of your own (as I do). Templates are not bad, and easy to install as is your own layout. Some people will bend backwards for wordpress, or moveable type, or otherwise but they're not free. Blogger is pretty plug-and-play (push button publishing to quote them), and supports multiple-person editing, posting, etc with click-button authorizations.

Also has photo blogging, audio blogging, email-to-blog posting, atom feeds, and others. They just added info on the APIs and other nifty-coderrific stuff as well.

I don't blow, but I'm a fan.- Mel Torme "I'm Hip"

PS. Looking into wordpress I notice that it may also be free, but.. for some.. reason I seem to remember there being some catch. That may be moveable type though, moveable type seems to offer something called 'Typepad' which I don't know how that works. Wordpress appears to be a stand-alone installable "dealie"

Last edited by Melkir; 19-03-2005 at 07:23 PM.

Cant have blogger hosted on their server, will have to look at how it can be published to another server.

Heard good things about MT.

This one looks good too.

Meets all specs so far.

http://www.plogworld.net/

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Cant have blogger hosted on their server, will have to look at how it can be published to another server.

Heard good things about MT.

Anything I can do to help setup if you go with Blogger let me know, happy to help.

I also use blogger and really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Any recommendations for a multi user blog software package?

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

As most of medical terms this also derives from my native language :P

Egad sir, dont tell me you are one of those spouters of native language!

Just seems to be a loong way to say 'verbal diarrhoea', though I must admit that if you were to say ' Hypergraphia' after marinating your vocal chords with a bit of retsina, it would probably sound better.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid:
    Just seems to be a loong way to say 'verbal diarrhoea', though I must admit that if you were to say ' Hypergraphia' after marinating your vocal chords with a bit of retsina, it would probably sound better.
    Can you suggest me a place where I can buy a bottle? Haven't tasted it for more than 4 years already :>

Yeah I guess it wouldn't be appropriate to name such a disorder as 'verbal diarrhoea' especially in medical terms.

don't know if you've seen this site yet, but it has a list of bloggers in hk.

http://www.globeofblogs.com/?x=location&country=62