MTR Guitar Music

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

does anyone know its title or a place where i can get it?
    i heard it while i was in TST!
    i've been searching for it for days but i only find the piano music "happier times," which i never heard while i was in hong kong but is downloadable from the MTR site.
    i would really appreciate it if someone can give me a copy of the guitar music!

you can hear it around 3:40 of this video
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I0kkX7EEj8"]YouTube - Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui to Tsim Sha Tsui East MTR[/ame]

Last edited by marvindesu; 02-11-2008 at 12:33 AM.

It's very annoying. I've learned to tune it out too, but it's the same damn music over and over again. I heard it loud and clear at Admiralty yesterday.

i want to change my ringtone to the "MTR Song"

MTR Piano music!

Hahaha, it's so easy to get that music in ones head :-)

It seems to me that there are 2 songs though? I searched youtube and found the one that was played in CBW in June, but now it's different!
    And in the KCR, I think they play the "Letter for Elise" by Beethoven.

[ame="http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=ouWQUMCGrGw"]Happier Times [/ame]

Last edited by psjylife; 02-11-2008 at 11:00 AM.

I just be more local than I thought. I had absolutely no idea that there was guitar music in the MTR stations.

I have been here for 3 years. It only changes at Chinese New Years. It makes me want to die.

Does anyone have a recording of the music, especially the one they seemed to have used around Christmas, I know they were playing the guitar one up until the first week of November, but switched? I was only in HK for a brief amount of time but both the tunes are catchy.

mtr music

Hey,

I have the same query as you - I was in HK during Xmas 08 and could not get the xmas themed MTR music out of my head, and persisted to annoy my boyfriend with it during our whole trip...anyway pretty random but i wanted to find it and put it on a cd as a joke to my bf.. did you have any luck finding it?

thankyou

Arrrrggggghhhh! Happier Times is so annoying. Even the name is annoying! Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!

What's wrong with silence?

They've also started playing French music in some stations.

I've heard 3 songs since January. One was the Chinese New Year song, the next was the French Song, and now is the Sappy Piano Song that makes me feel like sticking forks in my ears. Really now, something has got to be done. We can't be the only people in this whole country who have Repetitive Music Sensitivity Disorder (RMSD). Maybe we could send this thread to the Minister of Culture. Maybe he doesn't take the MTR and isn't aware of the situation. Maybe Obama could address it on his next visit. Maybe we could make some extra money selling earplugs on the MTR platforms. A petition. Something. Anything. Please.