Like Tree11Likes

British passport for newborn

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Also read something about sending original LONG birth certificates. If you don't have a Long one you can order it from UK gov site.

Photocopy of passport is fine.

Congratulations on the twins @pin

TheBrit likes this.

@pin

Congrats on the TWINS. wow that must be cool and painful as the same time lol. two babies to look after at the same time. 1 was hard enough in the 1st few months but it does get better and better.

Stay strong dude, as the locals say ADD OIL. buy lots of red bull for the loss of sleep

Daughters received their UK passports today. Just waiting for them to send my supporting documents cos I need to apply visa for my wife!

kimwy66, shri and pin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    Daughters received their UK passports today. Just waiting for them to send my supporting documents cos I need to apply visa for my wife!
    How long did it take from sending the forms off?

I just checked, I sent my forms off on 6 Feb.

I did get an email from Passport Office asking for my original UK Registration Certificate and our original marriage certificate (I had previously sent colour photocopies of both these documents).

I should however point out I am still not sure if the will get UK passports (although at present the application hasn't been rejected).

@pin, i sent my forms 13rd feb. I gave original everything, hope they bloody mail it back! If you are a british citizen otherwise by descent, i think you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    @pin, i sent my forms 13rd feb. I gave original everything, hope they bloody mail it back! If you are a british citizen otherwise by descent, i think you will be fine.
    Wow, that is a quick turnaround. Was this first passport?

Yup their first passports.

Just an update for those who might need to do the same thing, I received my original supporting documents today.

jaykay likes this.

I applied for my daughter's UK passport shortly after her birth. Took around 2 weeks to receive the passport with the supporting documents being returned separately a few days later.

Just checked online status. Passports have been dispatched!!!