Faux pas!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I believe in tolerance in anything providing it does not have an actual negative impact on somebody else. So - smoking - if folks smoke in their own homes/cars etc, that's fine. If they do it in a public place where others have to inhale the smoke and possibly get cancer, that's appalling and should be regulated (as it is now in many countries). Ditto for drinking, drugs, etc etc. So if you choose to allow your Mum to make you sick because you are tolerant, that's your choice. My friend is not being given a choice (she cannot even move, she's tried and her landlord will not let her out of her contract) and it could kill her. I'm not exaggerating - she really is that sick. THAT is wrong - no cultural or religious beliefs should be allowed to kill innocent bystanders. Even if they do it in primitive tribes then the UN steps in and tries to stop it happening - but nobody does anything here.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    BeeDees, you are remarkably tolerant. When it comes to religious/cultural/superstitious practices that cause physical or psychological harm to others, my tolerance runs out.
    I grow up in a multi-racial society. It's important to give and take here and there.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by The BeeDees:
    I grow up in a multi-racial society. It's important to give and take here and there.
    Even if it could kill you?