Like Tree12Likes

where to buy a kids bike

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

where to buy a kids bike

i'd like to buy a kids bicycle without spending $$$ at the usual toy's r us, bumps to babes, etc.

any good tips for a shop that has a good and affordable selection?

wood road, just off wan chai road has 3 shops. each of them worth a look.

cookie09 likes this.

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    i'd like to buy a kids bicycle without spending $$$ at the usual toy's r us, bumps to babes, etc.

any good tips for a shop that has a good and affordable selection?
    I was at the really large store looking for a 3 (to 6) year scooter for HK$549

Toy R US seems be reasonable, ie, from HK$499 to HK$899 for a kids bike ( after a quick look)

Hong Kong TOYS"Я"US

I doubt places in wood rd wan chai will have cheap, they seem to cater for high end /performance bicycle with a small selection of pricier bikes for kids

if you want cheaper, then use yahoo auction ( they actually have proper shops) from HK$399 ( if you want delivery extra HK$25)

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.co...on/1138497162?
    u=tel.34835891&actsrch=srp2

https://hk.search.auctions.yahoo.com...rice&cat=26222

I was pointed to these guys a while back but haven't bought from them yet

http://www.flyingball.com/

imparnoic - they do have kids bikes. We bought our son's first bike from there several years ago. Was a bit cheaper than TRU - basic no brand, no frills thingy.

A couple of the stores are good. You get to try 'em on for height and they'll happily make all the adjustments for you.

I do recall one of those three or four stores being very grumpy... must have been the performance guy. :P

imparanoic likes this.

Kids bikes are around $600+ in Toysrus, if you go to the bike shops, your looking at over 1.5K after looking at some of the prices on local websites

here are some shop lists, maybe you can call and ask how much they are average price before travelling all the way over there

Chung Yung Cycle Co.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:

I doubt places in wood rd wan chai will have cheap, they seem to cater for high end /performance bicycle with a small selection of pricier bikes for kids
    I think rakedavid means one of the cheaper stores on Wood Lane. One store (with the Giant sign) is moderately pricey but the other two sell cheapo type bikes of the type that the OP seems to be after.
    imparanoic likes this.

thanks, fellow geoexpaters, I know where to look when my son is bit older or my daughter a few more years if they want a bike

Cookie, if you want to put your kid on a decent quality bike that isn't likely to have really crap brakes and not be a complete boat anchor (most kiddie bikes are incredibly heavy in proportion to a child's weight), and have it sized properly, check out Sky Blue Bikes in Sheung Wan.

If you're on Lantau, Friendly Bikes has a very good selection of kids' bikes as they have a lot of customers from DB.

Or just try the classifieds?

imparanoic and Enderman like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast