Like Tree6Likes

TC to Airport via MTR

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TC to Airport via MTR

Is there any way to take the MTR from Tung Chung station to the airport w/o backtracking to Tsing Yi?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

no

you can take the S1 bus from TC to HKIA

No I don't believe there is. The Tung Chung Line ends at Tung Chung and the Airport Express doesn't stop there.

As above - bus S1 (or S56 or S64, but these are slower in the TC-Airport direction). The S1 is pretty much right out side the MTR station (exit A and walk across the open area to the other side, bus stop right in front of you). I think lots of people do this to make it cheaper than the airport express.

Although to be honest if you are coming from Kowloon or HK Island and want a cheaper than Airport Express but still fast efficient ride, consider an A bus. They are comfortable and fast.

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VdayMamaShelli:
    Is there any way to take the MTR from Tung Chung station to the airport w/o backtracking to Tsing Yi?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    Is there any specific reason you want to take a train to the airport from TC?

If not, as other's have suggested the S1 is your best bet. Also taxi from TC isn't that expensive to the airport, its less than a 10 minute ride.
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Also taxi from TC isn't that expensive to the airport, its less than a 10 minute ride.
    ...specially if you can catch one of the rare blue ones.

By the way, if you actually live in TC, then the s56 might be a better bet as it picks up at the housing places before the airport (which is why it's slower than the s1 if just going from the MTR station).

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    By the way, if you actually live in TC, then the s56 might be a better bet as it picks up at the housing places before the airport (which is why it's slower than the s1 if just going from the MTR station).
    Agreed, the S56 bus is more convenient. But those buses are much less frequent than the S1 bus. If you missed one, you have to wait a long time for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Agreed, the S56 bus is more convenient. But those buses are much less frequent than the S1 bus. If you missed one, you have to wait a long time for the next one.
    I'm sure the locals know what time they come. I certainly do for the buses I use frequently but which don't have any "formal" timetable. Anyway, the OP seems to have vanished so we have no idea why they asked the question anyway!
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I'm sure the locals know what time they come. I certainly do for the buses I use frequently but which don't have any "formal" timetable. Anyway, the OP seems to have vanished so we have no idea why they asked the question anyway!
    True.

Of course, like you said, OP has disappeared. So we have no idea whether he will be a "regular" or a "one-off" user.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast