Urgent- China visa at Shenzhen border?

Closed Thread

Urgent- China visa at Shenzhen border?

Just wondering about the Shenzhen visa situation post the Olympics (I raised this question on another thread also which is related to this q). I tried to have a look at the Chinese embassy in HK site, but not surprisingly, the info is very minimal. Can't make proper telephone enquiries till Monday.

I am looking to accompany a HK friend to Shenzhen on Monday.

I have a HKID card with a "right to land", which is similar to right of abode. I don't have 3 stars though, does anyone know if I can get a visa at the border at the moment?

As far as I know you could always get a visa at the border during the Olympics if you had a HKID card. If you are an American passport holder then you never had the right even pre-Olympics with the HKID card (although I could be wrong, maybe the American issue is only for those without the HKID card, an American HK Resident can clear this up).

As an Australian passport holder with a similar visa and HKID card to yours I could pay $150HKD for a one time visa at Lo Wu for Shenzhen only (was always a Shenzhen only visa when you get at Lo Wu). I did not do this during the Olympics because $150 is a bit to pay when I can go shopping in Hong Kong, but I did go to Lo Wu and ask in person (the $150 is for Australian Passport holders who also have a HKID card, I can imagine other Passports vary in price).

According to ChinaVisa at HK this situation will change on the 17th of this month (you can get a multiple entry from their office, during the Olympics you could only get a single or double entry into Mainland). Their visa is for all of Mainland. You can phone their office with any questions on 2369 3188 (Forever Bright Trading Limited).