Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By penguinsix
  • 1 Post By Cornmeal

Where can I find magnets?

Where can I find magnets?

I would like the kind that comes on a flexible strip. And also small flat ones.

There is a booth on Apliu St. that has plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    There is a booth on Apliu St. that has plenty.
    Several shops along this street will stock magnets of various size and shapes. You an look in the market stalls on the street or check some of the hardware supply shops on ApLiu (Exit C2, turn right) between Kweilin and Yen Chow Street.
    East_coast likes this.

Aeon $12 Store

店舖檢索

Any updated ideas? I want to secure a metal frame to a wall/door by taping magnets so it's easy to move. Stationery shops? Or hardware stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Any updated ideas? I want to secure a metal frame to a wall/door by taping magnets so it's easy to move. Stationery shops? Or hardware stores?
    SSP as mentioned above
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Yes, Ap Liu St. There's half a dozen magnet stalls

Taping magnets to a wall or door doesn't sound like a viable solution though. Personally I have buried a magnet in a wall to hold up a hinged shelf.

Whilst it sounds difficult, all you need is hammer drill with a large diamtere masonry bit (12/14mm depending on your magnet diameter), a dab of silicon to hold it in, then a little bit of joint compound (wall putty / plaster) to cover it over again.

Completely invisible.