Like Tree1Likes

Piano Teacher (Canadian) seeking advice

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Piano Teacher (Canadian) seeking advice

I am an experienced piano teacher of over 15 years. I moved to HK about 3 years ago. I am having a difficult time recruiting serious and talented students in HK. I cannot find the resources that I need as a private piano teacher like I had in Canada. There were lots of referral services, meetings, conferences, competitions, and festivals for piano teachers in Canada.

Any other fellow piano teachers who have moved to HK to live can give any advice how you got through this difficult period?

To my opinion, piano is a popular instrument among HK kids.

You may try to work with a store or music school (such as those on Caine Road, Mid-Levels or in Wan Chai), but you won't earn much at all. It may be better to remain independent.

Try all forms of advertising possible. There are even free ways to advertise. You may want to translate your advertisement into Chinese (to get any response).

If you have a grand piano, you will be able to recruit more students and charge more per lesson.

Good luck!

i'm interested to have piano lessons. Do u think it's a little late for me to pick it up ...i'm 32 !! How much does it cost and how long will it take for me play a basic tune ?

The problem in Hong Kong is that the piano teaching market is super competitive and there is ample supply...

maybe like shakira suggested there maybe a niche for adult learners that want to get into music later in life... if i had the cash i might go for it.

I am planning to become an individual piano teacher. It is quite disappointing that there isn't any well organized piano / music teacher association available in HK. There are a huge number of music teachers but I have to visit oversea websites to get any useful information. Hope the situation will be improved in the future.

Shakira, you are welcomed to send a message to me if you are still looking for a piano teacher. It is never too late to start.

English Speaking Piano Teacher

I am looking for a piano teach, firstly I am old, secondly I have a chronic illness and I have all the time in the world to finally do something I have always wanted, I am prepared to achieve 8th grade in less than 10 years, very committed, I live in TST, have a piano and fees is not an issue.

Sadie

Quote Originally Posted by pianokc:
    I am an experienced piano teacher of over 15 years. I moved to HK about 3 years ago. I am having a difficult time recruiting serious and talented students in HK. I cannot find the resources that I need as a private piano teacher like I had in Canada. There were lots of referral services, meetings, conferences, competitions, and festivals for piano teachers in Canada.

Any other fellow piano teachers who have moved to HK to live can give any advice how you got through this difficult period?
    Hi, my name is Sadie, I am not sure if I'm talented but I am dead serious, I live in TST, I am very old, but I will be dedicating all my time to piano, I am planning to have 2 lessons a week at least, fees is not an issue, I have a piano at home, it's so difficult to find a good piano these days.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sadie

Red face Piano Lesson

Hello Sadie,
    I was wondering if you're still looking for a piano teacher in TST. I have 8 years teaching experience and have studied in USA for more than 6 years. I had 80 years old student back in New York and enjoyed working with her. Please feel free to contact me if you're still looking for a teacher. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie:
    Hi, my name is Sadie, I am not sure if I'm talented but I am dead serious, I live in TST, I am very old, but I will be dedicating all my time to piano, I am planning to have 2 lessons a week at least, fees is not an issue, I have a piano at home, it's so difficult to find a good piano these days.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sadie

erm, that post was like 5 years ago. I'm afraid Sadie might have passed on: "dead serious" "very old"

MandM! likes this.

looking for a piano teacher for my 6 year old

Tomatogirl, I sent you a PM. I am looking for an english speaking piano teacher for my 6 year old. Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast