Typhoon Hagupit

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by roque99:
    let´s cross the fingers!
    Yes indeed. I'm hoping it gives us a good downpour to clear some of the pollution but that we don't get any more than a T3 wind signal.

(Those of us who live on boats and don't get the day off during a T8 might be wishing different things than those of you who seem to see it as an extra public holiday!)

you actually stay in a boat? ...fulltime ?...how come ?

how do you do your consulting work ? from within the boat ?

How come? Because I can get 2000sq foot of space for substantially less money than on dry land! And yes, at least one day a week I work from home (in the 4th bedroom converted to an office, complete with a BIG desk, printer, fax, wireless internet etc etc) and the rest of the time I work from our office in Central like a normal person.

It's just a floating house really - all mod cons and lots of space. It does not move... except during typhoons when it can get abit rocky!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    How come? Because I can get 2000sq foot of space for substantially less money than on dry land! And yes, at least one day a week I work from home (in the 4th bedroom converted to an office, complete with a BIG desk, printer, fax, wireless internet etc etc) and the rest of the time I work from our office in Central like a normal person.

It's just a floating house really - all mod cons and lots of space. It does not move... except during typhoons when it can get abit rocky!
    sounds great! You forgot to mention the sea views!

Ahh yes - the sea views .... looks abit different from 2 ft away compared to 200ft away (let's just say now I know what goes into the water I do not swim at any beaches on Hong Kong!).

But yes - we do have lovely views over Lantau and Castle Peak in clear weather.

our sea view is in the region of 200ft and the sea looks very appealing at times, especially in the morning with the sun shining on it...however even that appeal is not enough to get me in HK waters any more...

coooooooooooooooooool

did you buy the boat ? In HK ?

accdg to the phil. observatory, they expect 9 more major typhoons for the rest of the year to hit the philippines. so 1 down, 8 more chances for a typhoon from the philippines to pass this way ...

Pushan - yes - I did.

Back to the typhoon aspect of the thread - I think the forecast track is now looking slightly further away from HK than the track did this morning, so I'm hopeful it will miss. In any event, it's likely to come in the middle of the night rather than during the day for those who were hoping for a day off!

Any idea how the HKO decides how many more typhoons are going to hit? There was none after Sept last year.....

Signal 1 is up

The Observatory says it is moving quickly at 30 kilometres an hour, and higher storm signals may be necessary tomorrow.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast