can anyone suggest an agency who can process a finished contract DH a new contract and visa?

Closed Thread

can anyone suggest an agency who can process a finished contract DH a new contract and visa?

Hi, all,

I have got a quot of HK1800 including owaa and medical check. However, the service standard who has provided in the past is a bit lower than I have expected. Furthermore, the payment was paid at the end of the process in the past but it was requested when they start to collect the documents now. As my new helper's contract will only finish by the end of April so I got big risk to pay before the paperwork is sent to the immigration in case the new helper has changed her mind.

Do you have any recommendations? Many thanks!

You can just do it yourself and save the money. Simply pick up the DH pack from immigration with the contract and forms. Complete it and ask your helper to take it to Consulate to get chopped. This takes a week and then drop it at immigration. Consulates are open on Sundays.

You can start the paperwork 1 month before the contract ends.

Many thanks Rani! can helper get the contract chopped by the consulate earlier than 1 months? say, the beginning of the next month?

how about the owaa? what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by 2mums:
    how about the owaa? what is it?
    OVERSEAS WORKERS WELFARE ADMINISTRATION | Abot kamay ng pamilyang OFW Its the Philippines govt way of fleecing their people who leave to go overseas to work If you helper is coming from the Philippines she needs to pay the fee and have the receipt before she can leave the country.

Think she can submit it to the consulate a bit earlier 1-2 weeks, but immigration won't accept anything earlier than 4 weeks.

Owwa is the Overseas Workers Union, she has to pay this at the Consulate.

so she can only do it with consulate by the end of Feb? How can I legally make sure she would not change her mind during the waiting period? Would a signed contract do the trick? or there is nothing we can do? It seems to me that the market is very hot at the moment and it is quite difficult to secure a good helper. It seems that a lot of employers are now paying 5000 or more for a good helper to work in a family of 3! how can we compete when we have couple of young kids!

there is nothing you can do really legally, i have experienced this 1st hand, I met the helper, paid the agencies fees, medical, she went to macau to wait for the visa and disappeared without any notification, the visa was ready but she never answered the phone to pick it up.

Dont be suckered by the lots of employers are paying 5000 or more info regardless who ever told you or if the helper requests it, we pay ours the basic rate, well i just round it up to make it more easier, once in a while we give her additional cash for helping us out, baby sitting our baby when we have a party etc, doesnt mean she will get it monthly but at least she knows we appreciate her extra effort.

Our papers were at the consulate and the helper changed her mind too. Nothing you can do. Luckily we didn't use an agency so wasn't an expensive ordeal, but having to start from scratch was depressing. Fortunately, we found a fantastic helper from the GeoExpat classifieds, and she's been with us 3 years.

Same goes for any prospective employee though, go through all the recruitment and selection process, make offer, offer accepted, then they change their minds at the last minute. Why should a helper be any different?