Honesty in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Max:
    (actually, I was kinda hoping for an opportunity to have dinner together......she was CUTE! )
    Max likes cute girls in uniforms eh. U should have given her your business card. U never know.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Max likes cute girls in uniforms eh. U should have given her your business card. U never know.
    cx attendant cute looking non-shocka!

Max, missed opportunity, you could have slipped your business card into her wallet!

i lost my id card and a library card......

Max must have been too stoned to do anything (reference: avatar of Otto from the Simpsons, hehe)

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

I know, I know.....regretting the missed chance....(sigh!)

I left my squash racquet in a red-top public light bus. Chased after the bus all the way to the end of the route - couldn't work out exactly which one it was, asked all the drivers - zip. They not only didn't help but laughed at me for trying. Perhaps if it had been a wallet they might have been kinder!

On the other hand, I dropped my purse in the subway in NEW YORK a few years back, and realised a few minutes later. Went rushing back looking for it to find a policeman looking for me - apparently a bloke had handed it in to him. All intact. That impressed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Max:
    True....I once found a wallet on the floor of the departure lounge of the HK Airport that belonged to a young woman.

I just went to the information counter and handed it in, asking them to contact/page the person the wallet belonged to (Her HKID was inside) thinking they might still be around. They were calling/paging for the persons name and soon enough I saw a Cathay Pacific flight attendant running to the counter and came forward to claim it.....she had this worried look on her face and thanked me profusely for handing it in and having the authorities contacting her to retrieve it.

She told me that she really appreciated what I did. I told her it was fine.....

(actually, I was kinda hoping for an opportunity to have dinner together......she was CUTE! )
    reminded me of the time i left my passport and tickets to Aus in the mens room at HKIA...after about an hour of waiting for my departure, i realized what i'd done, ran back to the toilet...gone....wandered out to the departure area in a daze, and heard my name being paged by Cust. Service...man was i relieved!

I lost my wallet out on Long Island (NY) once and some guy called the credit card company and got my address from 'em. He returned my wallet later that night! I also lost a cell phone on the ferry from Lamma and got it back a few days later. It was worth around $3000.

Funnily enough, I read this thread at work earlier today. I was in Causeway Bay a couple of hours later and I found a secondary school student's wallet with his ID card, school ID and library card in it. One of my private students goes to the same school, so I dropped it off at his home (I was in the area) so he could turn it in tomorrow (or the day after depending on the weather tomorrow). Hopefully that will help my karma! I had a gorgeous Japanese girl flirt with me today so I guess it balances out.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 23-09-2008 at 09:00 PM.

I think people are pretty honest here. I'm sure anytime that sort of thing happens in Oz or most countries, the money at least would go missing.

Funniest incident I ever had was in France. I had a fight with boyfriend at the time. We'd just been playing tennis and getting into the french way of doing things i stormed off in the middle of the fight leaving my ($300) tennis raquets in his car. We were right outside my apartment so in all his kindness my ex dumped my raquets onto the street and drove off. We made up a few days later and it was then I found out what he had done. About a week later A4 flyers were posted in the area saying that some raquets had been found and to call ****. Turned out some old guy had watched us fight and ran out to get the racquets. I was a very lucky girl!

And yes, I know, looney boyfriend.

what i can tell you in central: once i dropped some cash at a gym and its still on the floor after an hour.

in airport: i dropped my phone without knowing while i was claiming my luggage. a person reminded me to pick it up.

but in causeway bay: i left my iphone in somewhere and someone had stolen it (i would cut his XXXX if i know who the thief is).

honesty depends on who the people are in an area.

Last edited by Reagan_chan; 23-09-2008 at 08:50 PM.