PSA - Taxis fares to rise

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm not sure if I care to give any more money to taxi drivers. I've been taking a lot of taxis lately and so many drivers are surly and incompetent.

They can't even take you to a place shown on a bilingual map, FFS.

Hmm, there's something: why do some drivers go absolutely berserk if you exit from the offside door, even if you check the traffic carefully beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Max:
    um....huh?
    if you go east bound along kennedy road. just pass the chinese foreign affairs office. Pee bags are hung on the chain link fence on your left hand side. right around the bend.

An extra $2? Fair enough. Taxi driving comes across as a fairly tough way to earn a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga:
    Hmm, there's something: why do some drivers go absolutely berserk if you exit from the offside door, even if you check the traffic carefully beforehand?
    I know, both the driver and my gf (a local) shit themselves whenever I do this. You know the local mentality, everything in HK is done "a certain way" and if you do it a little bit differently, their brains overheat. Now I do it just for the wind-up

you can ask for a discount.... if that's the case.

let's see what the discount taxi gang would do once this new pricing structure is in placed....

taxi drivers on subsistence money only

As you know I am not a fan of local ways of doing things but I stick up for taxi drivers -they are paid miserably poor things .I always tip unless things have really gone T.U.or surly and they are always grateful .They deserve a payrise bigtime...hire a cab in Western countries an see the difference!
    I always try to get one with silver hair - they have local knowledge, better English and old world courtesy and like a chat

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    An extra $2? Fair enough. Taxi driving comes across as a fairly tough way to earn a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss P:
    I always try to get one with silver hair - they have local knowledge, better English and old world courtesy and like a chat
    Do you not get into the cab if the driver has gold hair?

A-J

haha, i wasn't in a mood to laugh but that Goldilocks remark was funny =) nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss P:
    As you know I am not a fan of local ways of doing things but I stick up for taxi drivers -they are paid miserably poor things .I always tip unless things have really gone T.U.or surly and they are always grateful .They deserve a payrise bigtime...hire a cab in Western countries an see the difference!
    Don't know how much they get paid (and not saying they don't deserve the extra 2 HKD), but i always thought it's a nice job: They are sitting down, have airco and have a lot of variation in their job.

I think they have a better job then the average factory worker or waiters/waitresses in restaurants (those are the ones to tip imo)...