Dry Cleaning

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dry Cleaning

Hi. I have had a terrible experience with dry cleaning in Hong Kong. Does anyone know of a quality pick up & delivery service that is reliable, quality and with whom I can converse in English....easily?

These guys are supposed to be good. Certainly fluent in English. Certainly expensive. Not sure if they pick up though.

Jeeves of Belgravia, Hong Kong

(Interestingly, Jeeves of Belgravia in London really suck.)

tell us about your experience so we can diss it.

Hey, thanks for the info - I knew of Jeeves, but hadn't tried them.....but...a mate put me onto this mob called Bubbles who apparently are the pick up, delivery arm of park Avenue, which I've since found out is owned by Jeeves.

Had no intention of 'studying' the industry, but I've tried Bubbles My Bubbles Online and they picked up ok (spoke to a really fluent English lady)...now all I need are my clothes back next week...

Thanks for the info. Have tried Bubbles (mybubblesonline) who seem ok thus far.

The dry cleaning is, of course, approximately twice the price of your local dry cleaner. And the laundry prices are about 7-8 times higher

Example: my helper takes a set of bed linen (sheet, duvet cover, 4 pillowcases) to my local laundry. It costs $27. At Bubbles it would cost $203. Adding two bath towels makes it $38, or $259 at Bubbles.

Last edited by PDLM; 18-10-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The dry cleaning is, of course, approximately twice the price of your local dry cleaner. And the laundry prices are about 8-10 times higher.
    And they usually both send it to the same place anyway.

I did a bit of research into what you say Jimbo - about them sending it to the same place - and I think you're right for the most part. Bubbles have partnered with the Park Avenue/Jeeves crowd, who do their business down in Aberdeen. I've used them again and can highly recommend their service.

Clarkonian - I'm with you.

I'm not convinced that there is such a thing as dry cleaning...I'm pretty sure they just iron it, fold it up nicely and give it back to you

New here, and just looking for a dry cleaner that doesn't break my bank, and is relatively quick (less than 4 or 5 days).. I think I've found one that SEEMS to meet all the criteria --

Clean Living
    [url=http://www.cleanliving.com.hk/index.htm]:: CLEAN LIVING

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast