Moving Company's

Closed Thread

Moving Company's

Hi

We are moving to Singapore in a few weeks from Hong Kong, could anyone tell me a good moving company...

We don't have furniture, or electrical items etc. Mostly just clothes, books and whatever we have accumulated over the past year while living here, so only a few box's.

Thank you,

Sarah from Aus

I was very happy with Santa Fe movers. They are in Wanchai and I'm using them to go to the USA. I think we used Tiger Movers on the way over. They were fine, but didn't reply to my email when I wanted to move out.

Santa Fe is great however if they damage any of your gear they make loads of excuses to fix them or claim on the insurance. I know of quite a few people who have had problems with damage besides myself.

If you have regular unbreakable stuff I highly recommend them.

Please do not use AGS (worldwide), they recently merged and are in a terrible state. Moved here with them 6 months ago, numerous boxes lost, still NO word on insurance offer plus no reply to emails.......

Where did you move from? Did you use them or an agent in your home country?

Quote Originally Posted by SarahFromAus:
    Hi

We are moving to Singapore in a few weeks from Hong Kong, could anyone tell me a good moving company...

We don't have furniture, or electrical items etc. Mostly just clothes, books and whatever we have accumulated over the past year while living here, so only a few box's.

Thank you,

Sarah from Aus
    If that's all you may just want to look at DHL or one of the local companies- any international relo company will be expensive and fairly uninterested in that quantity.

AGS were recommended by the London firm we were at, they are a worldwide company based all over the place. Used them UK to HK, things damaged on arrival, complete boxes missing etc. a 6 month saga later no resolution..........

Just trying to warn people, as feels very stressful in this situation, also upsetting to lose personal effects in this manner. What to do next? Some friends moved at the same time, here, used a different firm, they have everything with no problems, leaves me feeling a bit jealous.

moving idea

If you only have a few boxes of things I would be sending it by post. Just wait until you have your home and get your friends or family to send them. Alternatively, find an expat friend in Sing who will collect and keep it for you. Sante Fe are great but they'd charge a fortune for a few boxes.
    Adrienne