• 4 Post By Cho-man
  • 1 Post By 100LL
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By Cho-man

Looking at HK a bit differently

Closed Thread

Looking at HK a bit differently

Spring can sometimes be quite foggy, obscuring visibility and potentially creating hazards for those small boats lost in the fog around HK waters. But it does have one benefit, allowing us to look at HK a bit differently. Familiar scenes and locations take on a distinctly different feel when seen through the mist, as these stunning photos show:

Amateur photographer captures stunning images of Hong Kong shrouded in fog | Coconuts Hong Kong

So, under what weather, season and time period have you found HK to look rather different than usual?

justjoe86, lingc, AGxM and 1 others like this.

Almost forgot, but this HK photo is also quite eye-catching:

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    So, under what weather, season and time period have you found HK to look rather different than usual?
    Summer, when the wind is rather from the south not from north or northeast. Every few years we get nice skies under these conditions.
    Cho-man likes this.

Spring can sometimes be quite foggy, obscuring visibility and potentially creating hazards for those small boats lost in the fog around HK waters. But it does have one benefit, allowing us to look at HK a bit differently. Familiar scenes and locations take on a distinctly different feel when seen through the mist, as these stunning photos show:

Amateur photographer captures stunning images of Hong Kong shrouded in fog | Coconuts Hong Kong

cool that a compact mirrorless interchangeable len camera ( with an aps-c sensor) can take such nice photographs in the right skillful hands of a photographer
    Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    cool that a compact mirrorless interchangeable len camera ( with an aps-c sensor) can take such nice photographs in the right skillful hands of a photographer
    Sounds like you are the camera expert around here. I might have to learn a thing of two from you about camera tricks!

Speaking of memorable HK photos, I think we can remember these two shots, taken during the spring storms last year (or was it the year before, can't quite remember the exact date):

Are we going to get similar kind of storms this year? I think it is more than likely, since once the season hits that "sweetspot", the weather will be prone to instabilities that can generate such visually impressive weather.

Sounds like you are the camera expert around here. I might have to learn a thing of two from you about camera tricks!

Speaking of memorable HK photos, I think we can remember these two shots, taken during the spring storms last year (or was it the year before, can't quite remember the exact date):

Are we going to get similar kind of storms this year? I think it is more than likely, since once the season hits that "sweetspot", the weather will be prone to instabilities that can generate such visually impressive weather.
    I am actually very novice, JGL has much better knowledge, I know everything about mobiles, retro video games, hifi and other geeky stuff, sadly, camera and techniques is not my speciality
    Cho-man likes this.