Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By Plutark

Advice: Upstairs neighbour might be operating machinery, regular thumping noise.

Closed Thread

Advice: Upstairs neighbour might be operating machinery, regular thumping noise.

I think its our upstair neighbour that's been making this noise. Recently there's been a regular thumping noise with a low rumbling noise in between suggesting that its some sort of machinery. Its starting to get really annoying and is really affecting my mother who has trouble with sensitive ears towards low frequency sound. I'd like to complain but I wasn't sure how to do this. Is there any steps and measures I could take? Is it even possible to complain about it if they're working the machine during the day from 7-11pm? Also, I'm not exactly sure WHICH upstairs neighbour, but I'm guessing that its the one directly above us.

complain? the offenders will simply turn up the volume. and if you are a gwailo and they are chinese, you will no success in changing the situation. Sorry to inform.

do you live in a "loft"?

Poop in newspaper, light newspaper in the front door of the pricks, knock on door and run away.
    Prick will try stamping out the burning news paper and his shoes will be covered in SHITE

Original Post Deleted
    Should my first step be going upstairs or the to the building manger? Should I note down the times of the day we can hear them using the machine?

Renovation may be carried out between 7am and 7pm Monday to Saturday. If you hear anything after 7pm just call the building's management to lodge a complaint. It is their duty to make the neighbours shut up after 7pm. That is among others why you pay them a management fee every month.

You sure you haven't got a prostitute working above you?

Plutark likes this.

I had the same for the past few weeks, it was like they were destroying the entire flat. So bad I had to leave the flat early and hide in a bar!

Tom007 likes this.

Hkers are obsessed by renovations, willing to spend hundreds of thousands on it. It could be they want to compensate the relative small flats with more luxury.