I DO NOT understand phones in this place!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thanks - I was lucky this morning I am in HK. I've had plenty on roaming too and I agree - it's darn expensive!

I'm sure 99% of them would dry up instantly if there was a small charge for phone calls here ... even a few cents connection charge would probably be sufficient to deter them!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Apparently some red-dot asshole thinks it is unreasonable that I should expect someone ringing my personal mobile number to be interested in speaking to me..... Says more about them, I think - guess they do not believe in person - to - person communication (otherwise why put up an anonymous comment?)

If you are so interested in communicating in chinese, you anonymous asshole, get off this expat forum and go form your own local one where you can all whinge about us expats in canto.
    here, here.

as opposed to there, there. Sorry, could not resist it.

It's ok, both work in the current circumstances!

dont you guys realize:

some users using some certain network providers often receive spam calls (like my friends) while i havent been receiving one...

interesting huh?

Last edited by Reagan_chan; 30-09-2008 at 05:30 PM.

What's interesting is that I got another one later today. My do-not-call takes 10 days to kick in. I never had one before. Two in ONE day? That CANNOT be a coincidence. I'm on smartone.

Quote Originally Posted by Reagan_chan:
    dont you guys realize:

some users using some certain network providers often receive spam calls (like my friends) while i havent been receiving one...

interesting huh?
    Yup thats true, I have never had even one on my phone with Three in two months. Whereas with Smartone I must of had about 20 since February.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    Those calls are specifically annoying - and expensive - when you are on roaming. I joined the OFTA list a few months ago and still get those calls as well as the pre-recorded messages at times.
    Fully understand your rant, got 2 marketing calls over the weekend while in Hangzhou and on roaming.
    I had a client in Canada who was an executive with the Consumers' Association and his advice to me was never to give your name to a do not call list for similar reasons to that given by Elle here.

His suggestion was to do what Jerry Seinfeld does when he gets a telemarketer call which is about 20 seconds of talk time.

Last edited by Football16; 30-09-2008 at 06:27 PM.

I certainly get far far more on PCCW Mobile than I did on CSL (where the number was almost but not quite zero).

Another solution is the Tom Mabe response in The Greatest Prank Call Ever - this might have been on another thread.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI&feature=related"]YouTube - The Greatest Prank Call Ever[/ame]