The Soho on Hollywood Road?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ooops... It appears that THE SOHO might be a commercial building?!? Will check it out...

cosmokat,

Serviced apartments are quite often just a few floors within a bigger building which could be used for all sorts of purposes.

Jessica,

Have you seen the Colorado Meat place on Hollywood Rd? There's a service apt right across. Don't know what its called but do you think that's The SOHO?

Yes that's the one. I haven't been in to see it but when I first came out in Oct last year, they were doing a lot of advertising in the property section of the papers. It was definitely upmarket. I met someone last month who mentioned that he stayed at The Soho and had nothing but high praise fot it.

Rani,

Yes, that should be the one we talked about here "THE SOHO". The first and general impression it gave me is a 'service apartment' - but after reading some posts here, I wonder if they are commercial building. Well, I have seen people coming in & out at night. Will go and have a look myself later. Nice building though if it's really for living.

I noticed it in Oct too when we were office hunting. I remember they had flyers at the door with their rates and it included broadband.

Hi I'm an agent and I know about the Soho!
    it's a block of serviced apartments in a great location near the escalator. They range from small studios, about 300sf to one bedrooms around 700sf. They are furnished very plainly in a minimalist style. The one bedders have sliding doors between the bedroom and living area. There are open plan kitchens. Good if you are staying for a month but a bit small if you are staying for longer.

oh also just to solve the mystery, the building used to be mixed use, i.e. commercial premises on the lower floors and serviced apartments on the upper ones, but they were unable to let out the office spaces so they turned the whole building into serviced apts except for one unit on the ground floor which is an interiors shop.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

oh you mean the shama boutique people on Staunton St

http://shama.com/properties-soho-about.htm

they seem to be spreading like a rash, so must have something going for them

http://shama.com/location.htm

Kombuchakid, its not the Shama Soho on Staunton. It's definitely called "The Soho" located on Hollywood Road.

Appreciate all the great responses! Jessica, let me know if you happen to walk by....