I am working in Hong Kong for at least the next 4 months. It looks like I'll be working about 4 days/week at a project site in Tuen Mun and 1 day/week at our office in Wanchai. I am looking for recommendations on areas to consider living in (specific hotels/properties would be great) for hotels or serviced apartments.
I am currently staying at the Gold Coast hotel in Tuen Mun and it's been a bit sterile for me. Important things to me are:
- Good public transportation to both Tuen Mun, Wanchai, and Central. 24 hours transportation.
- On/nearby the MTR line would be big plus.
- Livelier area of Hong Kong (restaurants, bars, shops, not too touristy).
- Less than $13,000 HKD per month.
- Flexiblity in leaving or extending on short notice (2 weeks).
- Commute to either Tuen Mun or Wanchai in less than 1 hour each way.
- Clean and comfortable to live and work in the room.
- Internet access in the room.
I am considering Kowloon. Maybe Mongkok part, but I really don't know what else is out there.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!