Tuen Mun and Wanchi - In-between Place to Live?

Tuen Mun and Wanchi - In-between Place to Live?

Hello,

I am working in Hong Kong for at least the next 4 months. It looks like I'll be working about 4 days/week at a project site in Tuen Mun and 1 day/week at our office in Wanchai. I am looking for recommendations on areas to consider living in (specific hotels/properties would be great) for hotels or serviced apartments.

I am currently staying at the Gold Coast hotel in Tuen Mun and it's been a bit sterile for me. Important things to me are:
    - Good public transportation to both Tuen Mun, Wanchai, and Central. 24 hours transportation.
    - On/nearby the MTR line would be big plus.
    - Livelier area of Hong Kong (restaurants, bars, shops, not too touristy).
    - Less than $13,000 HKD per month.
    - Flexiblity in leaving or extending on short notice (2 weeks).
    - Commute to either Tuen Mun or Wanchai in less than 1 hour each way.
    - Clean and comfortable to live and work in the room.
    - Internet access in the room.

I am considering Kowloon. Maybe Mongkok part, but I really don't know what else is out there.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Panda hotel

I found out that the Panda hotel is not a bad choice. It is very close to airport, direct MTR to central, close to Tuen Mun. They have a long term stay package.

Try somewhere in Tsing Yi, it only takes half an hour to travel from Tsing Yi MTR station to Wanchai and 40 minutes to Tuen Mun by bus.

Rent a room in the city and take the bus to Tuen Mun like everyone else. You got to stay somewhere... Living in the city gives you convenience to entertainment, food, etc, no trasportation needed (almost none) but if you live in Tuen Mun, no night life, bars, restaurants, etc.

in fact, there are many night bars, restaurants in Tuen Mun.
    However, they are mainly for Chinese. the waitresses may not be able to speak fluent Engllish, only simple English.

One of the advantages of living in Tuen Mun is to save the huge transportation cost. It costs $40 everyday to travel to and from WanChai.

Gold Coast hotel should be the most expensive hotel in Tuen Mun. You can find other hotels providing cheaper price for you.