Funny Star Ferry picture

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Funny Star Ferry picture

HK Star ferry must have the most complicated ticketmachine known to mankind.

It basically has 2 fares for a one way trip : one adult and one concessionary. Yet they manage to make it so complicated they need 4 color codes and a lot of arrows to explain it.

Not something one would expect in Hong Kong but still funny.

Hahaha,

That is hilarious. Maybe the most complicated-looking vending machine I've ever seen. With all those buttons, you'd expect you were programming it to perform open-heart surgery on you.

Must be easier (and quicker) to swim across the harbour than to buy one of the two available ticket types from that machine.

Try a light-rail ticket machine...

correct me if i'm wrong... but... aren't there actually 4 different fares?

top deck vs bottom deck?

it's still a very funny machine, though.

lol I've seen those machines, but never use them because I always have my mini-Octopus ready to go. They do look complicated! Might have to take a closer look the next time I take the ferry!

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I always thought these were cosmetic vending machine {KSH?) but as there were throngs of people around them never got close enough.

What happened to the days when there was a human bean taking coins and giving change?

Being a octoman myself I cannot remember the last time i actually paid in cash to cross the harbour; and being the kind soul that I am I always carry an extra octopus in case my companion is a closet luddite.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    correct me if i'm wrong... but... aren't there actually 4 different fares?

top deck vs bottom deck?
    Not really. The machine on this pic is actually just next to the entrance of the lower deck. Haven't seen the top deck pricing on it.

I've seen them on the upper level of the ferry terminals too!

Design gone wrong...

It actually seems pretty basic: press 'Adult' or 'Concessionary' buttons for each token required, press 'Confirm', insert money, take ticket.

The irony is that the designers probably thought they were making the machine easier to use! Heh heh heh!

Imagine how much easier it would be if you stripped away everything but the buttons and their labels...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast