Like Tree17Likes

Camping tips

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

To answer your actual question:
    * groundsheet (even if your tent has one built in)
    * sleeping mattress (have you ever TRIED sleeping on the ground before? It's hard. And very uncomfortable
    * sleeping bag/bags. Lightweight in this weather, but even so, in the middle of the night you might get cold
    * rubbish bag - leave nothing behind
    * breakfast
    * ideally also - small camping stove to heat up water and make tea in the morning/evening; cook food on - no, you can't cook food on a fire. It's almost impossible.
    * rucksac or equivalent to put it all in

Also, make sure you have, or have access to, water. You'd be amazed how bad some camping spots in HK can be in this respect.

But I too endorse the comments of the others that Pui O is possibly not the best place to camp. Far to busy and you miss the actual benefits of camping, which are the natural peace and quiet, seclusions and the ability to watch stars at night and wake up to a fresh new day with dew on the grass and nobody else around.... NONE of that are you going to get in Pui O. But you will get sand in places you really never wanted to !

EDIT - And don't forget the toilet paper either!

Last edited by HK_Katherine; 24-06-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    Cho-man and Alzthehero like this.

May i recommend an ample supply of condoms?

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    Ew.
    May I point out that pretty much every activity inside a tent can be both seen and heard from outside incredibly easily?
    Alzthehero likes this.

i dont think there is going to be an hanky panky going on. its a little too sweaty for the condoms to go on. too many mosquito to be partially naked.
    Alzthehero likes this.

Haha, what the OP thinks is a romantic getaway is a recipe for disaster during a HK summer.

About the toilet, please use a stick/rock to dig a hole and bury human waste. Leave no trace:
    https://lnt.org/

Alzthehero likes this.

could u name a few camping spots where i can get peace and quiet, seclusion and star gazing? much appreciated

There is no hanky panky going to happen, just want a nice secluded spot where i can enjoy my gfs company and chill haha

Quote Originally Posted by Alzthehero:
    There is no hanky panky going to happen, just want a nice secluded spot where i can enjoy my gfs company and chill haha
    How to Get To Tai Long Wan, Sai Kung
    HK_Katherine, Alzthehero and rani like this.

Head to the Sai Kung Country Park. The post above mine is a great place to start and there are trails you can walk another beach over if you want even more seclusion etc.

however, if you do this, you will need to be COMPLETELY self sufficient for the night. This means carrying in food, water, clean clothes, camping stove, small shovel for digging a toilet hole... basically everything you might need. It won't be light. Just so you know.

Alzthehero likes this.