Like Tree4Likes

Kitchen things - buy in HK or online?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kitchen things - buy in HK or online?

Hi guys - do you guys buy your kitchen stuff (knife sets / plates / cutlery etc) in HK or online?

I usually buy stuff on Amazon as it is way cheaper. Have never bought kitchen stuff on Amazon l though. Any recommendations - online or in HK, for both price and service - greatly appreciated. Went to Pantry Magic today and stuff was exxy!!

Last edited by ebayhtl; 05-07-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Sadly, my wife loves Ikea.

Original Post Deleted
    Agree Shanghai street has the best selection in HK. Take you time and go into some of the less fancy shops who may be the agent for premium brands for the hotel industry and have lower prices than the shops.

ebayhtl likes this.

Thanks guys. Is Shanghai St cheaper or about the same price as buying online from overseas,if you have any experience? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ebayhtl:
    Thanks guys. Is Shanghai St cheaper or about the same price as buying online from overseas,if you have any experience? Thanks.
    Generally cheaper
    Why is it you're looking for exactly?

Shipping from overseas is costly. Haven't tried Shanghai Street but I will now. Thanks for the photos!

Thanks guys, will try Shanghai St during next few weeks.

Jimbo - knife set, plates, cutlery, other miscellaneous stuff.

I second Shanghai Street - good stuff at good prices, there are plenty of local brands there too which make knives, chopping boards and miscellaneous stuff, I'm very happy with the knives I've bought for ~$150HKD - get a sharpening stick/stone and keep it sharp

Also, don't discount or write off Taobao if you are looking for some single items / unique stuff. Some interesting gadgets / clones of expensive stuff available.

Needless to say, the electrical stuff may be crap .. but in general low tech items are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Also, don't discount or write off Taobao if you are looking for some single items / unique stuff. Some interesting gadgets / clones of expensive stuff available.
    Don't mind Taobao generally (although not into fakes), main issue is I find their website a real pain to navigate.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast