Crossed eyed people

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Crossed eyed people

I am genuinely curious about this and I'm sure I'm not the only person.

When you see a cross eyed person, which eye do you look at when you talk to the person?

And which eye are they using more to look at you?

I dont have any cross eyed friends to ask, and I am definitely not trying to insult any cross eyed people! I'm just curious because I saw such a person today.

I look at whatever they're looking at; their nose.

hehehe XD

usually it's not so much that both eyes are crossed, they have a "azy eye, so only one eye is technically crossed. you just look at the eye thats looking at you.

if they are fully cross-eyed it doesn't really matter which eye, because they'll see two of you and won't really be sure which one they have to look at, fairs fair!

does crossed eyes really give two images after a while? I'd thought the brain would correct that.

thursday I would think the brain would compensate for it. Must research this when I am bored.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    thursday I would think the brain would compensate for it. Must research this when I am bored.
    The research is quite fun- you can get eyeglasses which invert everything when you wear them. After a short time your brain compensates and turns everything the right way round for you. As soon as you take them off everything is upside down again for a while until the status quo is restored.

that would be a good party game. How long does it take to correct?

Quote Originally Posted by thursday:
    does crossed eyes really give two images after a while? I'd thought the brain would correct that.
    the brain usually suppresses one of the image

I think that would make me vomit!

When you see a cross eyed person, which eye do you look at when you talk to the person?

The trick is not to look at either eye, simply look at the area between the eyebrows, right above the bridge of the nose. I use this trick to win staring competitions at people who insist on glaring at me when they talk to me, it always works. Try it out on the next person you chat to! The thing is, their eyes percieve this as you staring at them, even though you aren't, its very cool.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast