Disputing fine for dropping cigarette butt

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Talking

No, more a lapse into psychosis!!!

Last edited by Baron; 11-04-2005 at 02:08 PM.

There's gotta be at least 2 million expats in Hong Kong...

5% expat population, apparrently. I'm no maths expert but 5% of 7million isn't 2million

I would say smoke near a trash can next time and if you can't find one just wait. I prefer this law as I noticed Hong kong becoming MUCH cleaner. before it was utterly disgusting... now it's just slightly disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus:
    There's gotta be at least 2 million expats in Hong Kong...
    Wrong again. Around half a million (depending on how many ethnic Chinese you count as expats): http://www.info.gov.hk/censtatd/eng/...001_index.html

Quote Originally Posted by berryplucker:
    Wrong again. Around half a million (depending on how many ethnic Chinese you count as expats): http://www.info.gov.hk/censtatd/eng/...001_index.html
    Wow... How many stray Cats and Kittens are there in Hong Kong (100,000?) outta curiosity. I've given up guessing, it seems that certain people here don't like to exaggerate, they prefer exact figures. Live a little, man. Well someone prefer actual figures, so i would count everyone of them, then create categories for those each subsection.

Hmm... don't think those figures are one hundred percent accurate. Does the population sensuous included tourism (people that where actually there at the time?), people living rough, other people whom have moved to the mainland or vice versa? I know of many PRC's working in HK with out any paperwork, or visas, getting paid cash in hand.

Still feels like 2 million blaming expats in the whole of Hong Kong.

lazarus, you make me laugh dude.

we have the option to move to next town

We always have the option to move to the next town. Hey, next stop - Singapore. We don't have to live in Hong Kong.