Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia

which taxi can bring me to Clearwater bay from Central?

Closed Thread

which taxi can bring me to Clearwater bay from Central?

Hello - I just moved to Clearwater bay and was trying to get there from Central (Pedder street) today but was not able to find any taxi to bring me there.
    Which cue//taxi color should I look for? Should i cue on the line to Kowloon? Red taxis?

If there is a stand for Cross-Harbour taxis then that's where you should queue. In theory any red taxi should take you there but in reality many won't want to make the trip. If desperate use Uber or another of the online taxi call services.

Or call this taxi drivers number Ricky 98077839, tell them where you want picked up and to take you where.
    Like jmbf said, all RED taxi drivers should be able to go to clear water bay, thats where I live as well but some taxi dont want to go so far and come back empty.

thank you! @wtbhotia: does Ricky work from HK Island to CWB or can I call him also if i want to go from CWB to Sai Kung village?

Quote Originally Posted by caterinac:
    thank you! @wtbhotia: does Ricky work from HK Island to CWB or can I call him also if i want to go from CWB to Sai Kung village?
    he is a discount taxi group, let me explain how they work.

1. these discount groups only do fares for $60 Up
    2. Call ricky ahead of your required departure maybe 10-15 mins ahead, tell him from where to where and he will try to find you a taxi driver, the taxi driver picking up the order will call you and tell you his license plate number and when he will arrive
    3. these discount taxis only charge 1 way tunnel fares
    4. 10-15% discount on top
    5. Also useful for taking taxi from Clear water bay to airport, vice versa.

For local green taxi that you want to take from your village maybe to hang hau or to sai kung, use this Taxi centre 2727 6644 or 2729 1199 ( when they come to pick you up they will add a 5$ taxi order fee), you can also use it to ask for a red taxi if Ricky cannot find you a discount one.

Feel free to msg me if you have any questions. If you use facebook, join Bayside Villagers group, post questions there also, sell stuff, borrow stuff

thanks! Is it easy to find a taxi from Sai Kung Village? We are in the process of buying our car and am a bit stressed by the travelling around in CWB as you might have guessed...

you mean from sai kung town to clear water bay, plenty of green or red taxis.

caterinac likes this.