Like Tree32Likes

Neighbor installed CCTV in building

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

True!

Well it's been over a week since I've spoken to management expecting an answer but nobody has called. I tried contacting them but nobody answers and they have not responded to my voice messages.

Not very professional of them, first giving out conflicting answers to my query and now this crap. It makes me even more curious or even suspicious of wtf is going on over there. They seem to be bending over backwards to accommodate the neighbor breaking the rules (I still don't think this is permitted in the building) for several weeks now.

I another question about this if anyone knows. If it does indeed turn out to be an illegal fixture like I suspect, would I get into trouble if I walked over there and ripped it off? I'm not saying that's what I'm planning, it was just something that crossed my mind a couple times this week

Not a good idea to go to war with a neighbour that owns their apartment and you don't. The whole thing could turn out quite bad for you if they complain to your landlord.

Have you even bothered to consider the depth of the problem that could envelope you?

Enrol in a Yoga class and relax. CCTV is a fact of life in Hong Kong, it's everywhere outside. Get used to it or go home :-) lol

emx and hongkong7 like this.

just do what jack bauer would do in similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    just do what jack bauer would do in similar situation.
    take black spray paint to the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy113:
    Well it's been over a week since I've spoken to management expecting an answer but nobody has called. I tried contacting them but nobody answers and they have not responded to my voice messages.

Not very professional of them, first giving out conflicting answers to my query and now this crap. It makes me even more curious or even suspicious of wtf is going on over there. They seem to be bending over backwards to accommodate the neighbor breaking the rules (I still don't think this is permitted in the building) for several weeks now.

I another question about this if anyone knows. If it does indeed turn out to be an illegal fixture like I suspect, would I get into trouble if I walked over there and ripped it off? I'm not saying that's what I'm planning, it was just something that crossed my mind a couple times this week
    Do you see this guy very often? Every time I saw this paranoid freak or his family I would take out my phone camera and start taking pictures of him. He wants to put the hall under constant surveillance, than he shouldn't mind him or his family getting photographed all the time either.

if nothing else that should weird him out

Get a newspaper, drop a big turd into it, wrap it up, place infront of said neighbours door, light the newspaper, knock on door and leg it.

Off course dont come out of your house to do this, get of another floor, go to the stairs to take a dump, come out of the stairs with Hoodie and surgical mask

Open Casket likes this.

I'm not really going to do it lol, it's just all this time I was expecting some kind of response from management in the matter got me thinking. The dog turd thing was actually something I thought about, again in a non serious way, but that would have affected the whole floor with it's stink and all the neighbors would be pissed at me.

Anyway, I'm not as annoyed with it now as I am with the management's inability to deal with it or openly allow them to get away with it. Maybe that's their tactic in dealing with this, to distract me from my original annoyance by being shit at their jobs.

Open Casket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy113:
    I'm not really going to do it lol, it's just all this time I was expecting some kind of response from management in the matter got me thinking. The dog turd thing was actually something I thought about, again in a non serious way, but that would have affected the whole floor with it's stink and all the neighbors would be pissed at me.

Anyway, I'm not as annoyed with it now as I am with the management's inability to deal with it or openly allow them to get away with it. Maybe that's their tactic in dealing with this, to distract me from my original annoyance by being shit at their jobs.
    I hate the no confrontation, no losing face, do nothing culture. If people do something wrong, they should be held accountable.

I'm guessing your management is just hoping the problem will go away on its own. That's the first course of action in this culture.

If they don't do anything then they can't do anything wrong. That's what I normally see.