Like Tree41Likes

Two Dead and one critically injured while hiking

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Two Dead and one critically injured while hiking

Two hikers dead, third critically injured in separate incidents across Hong Kong | South China Morning Post

That is pretty messed up, also considering they are all separate incident, what are the odds

Less now...

soon, licenses will be required for hiking in hong kong

Morrison and Open Casket like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    Two hikers dead, third critically injured in separate incidents across Hong Kong | South China Morning Post

That is pretty messed up, also considering they are all separate incident, what are the odds
    Falling off a cliff I can understand but falling off the lantau trail?

I remember there was a French dude (with Pernod?) that went hiking a few years ago and never returned (and never was found).

most of the places I went hiking in HK are pretty much safe, you really need to go off the path to find dangerous places. The only place I remember being a bit iffy is above Pok Fu Lam, there is a part of trail that is quite narrow and there is no fence, I saw a few guys running super fast there so wouldnt be surprised if one were to fall there.

Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper:
    I remember there was a French dude (with Pernod?) that went hiking a few years ago and never returned (and never was found).
    found the article. Weird they did not find anything. Workers tell of missing hiker sighting | South China Morning Post

Wondering about the Pascal Vernhes case, wouldn't a tracker dog be helpful in such a situation?

Foolishness of the lone hiker | South China Morning Post

interesting article, it looks like the French guy would have been dehydrated and probably lost sense of things. That's why I don't go hiking during the summer, it's too freaking hot, almost got the same issue a while back in Sai Kung, misjudged the distance, we were walking at night in there, we got lucky and got someone driving us on the last remaining km back to the bus stop.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast