Like Tree9Likes

Citibus arrival times

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Citibus arrival times

Now that KMB and Long Win buses have an app telling you when the bus is coming, had anyone seen similar for citibus? If yes, any apps combine the two?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

"Citybus"

bookblogger likes this.

Citymapper combines them all including green minibuses, mtr, trams, ferries, uber, and even Jetpack, catapults and teleporters. When you see a little yellow wifi like symbol next to the time it means that its a real-time feed, rather than just a scheduled time. Im not if sure they have integrated real time feeds into all the buses yet but anyway is a really nice app regardless.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Citymapper combines them all including green minibuses, mtr, trams, ferries, uber, and even Jetpack, catapults and teleporters. When you see a little yellow wifi like symbol next to the time it means that its a real-time feed, rather than just a scheduled time. Im not if sure they have integrated real time feeds into all the buses yet but anyway is a really nice app regardless.
    Looks like a nice app. Does not appear to have bus departure times in real time though - at least not for the route I tested which I know is available on the KMB site. I will keep this one for other cities when travelling.

Now downloading the citibus app to see if they do...

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The Citybus app only has it for the CityFlyer, thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    "Citybus"

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to find the arrival time in this app. Any instructions?

Oh - right - I see. So it doesn't. How irritating. The KMB one seems to work quite well.

Unbelievable how far behind we are in HK with this stuff.
    I was in Taipei recently, they have this pretty much sorted - apps, as well as smart bus stops with indicators - oh, and they were accurate too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Unbelievable how far behind we are in HK with this stuff.
    I was in Taipei recently, they have this pretty much sorted - apps, as well as smart bus stops with indicators - oh, and they were accurate too!
    Same could be said for rubbish...

Where or how on earth the Tourism Board got the idea to call this city "Asia's world city", I have no clue...

Well we are a heck of a lot more advanced than we were before KMB's app came out! I've used it a fair bit in the last few weeks and it seems to be accurate.

bdw likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast